2026 In-season interview with Dan Strollo from Valley Forge
Name:
School/town: Valley Forge/Parma Heights
Positions played: DL/OL
Class:2027
Height and Weight: 6,2 280lb
Jersey Number: 56
Awards won or earned: All trench team for portage county and football captain
HUDL LINK: https://www.hudl.com/profile/26906778/Dan-Strollo/highlights
Other sports played: Boxing
Twitter Handle: @Strollo5955
Post anything from the 2025 season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
A moment from the 2025 season that sticks out to me is the off-season of my 2025 year I trained very hard and earned squat and bench champion and athlete of the week 2 times
What was your goals entering the 2026 season?
My goals entering the 2026 season was to be a vital 2-way player, earn some college interest/offers, become a captain
Just focusing on this season, what has been the biggest lesson that you have learned about yourself and the team as well?
The biggest lesson for me is that everyone needs to be led differently and people respond better or worse to different things. A lesson we have learned as a team is to not underestimate our opponents.
What has been the best part of the season?
The best part about this season has been the chemistry I have built with the Valley Forge Football team in less than a year
What’s been the toughest part of the season?
The toughest part of the season is playing beatable teams and losing because of our own mistakes
How did it feel to pick up the first win of the season?
It felt great to get the win vs. Westlake it was a morale boost on our team for sure.
Looking at the last three weeks of the season, what ha to happen for you guys to have a strong finish?
We need to trust each other and correct mistakes we are doing to ourselves. When we play with little to no mistakes we are a tough team to beat.
Of the three remaining game, which one are you looking the most forward to? Explain
I’m looking forward to Lakewood they are one of the best teams in our conference and their team has a lot of college attention so it would be great to get the win.
Just focusing on the current season, who has been the best player that you have faced, along with the team they were on?
Ethan Garnes he is a Kent State Commit he is big but still technically sound and was great competition and also showed me what it takes to play at the Division 1 level. He is a former teammate too for the North Royalton bears they had a lot of seniors play for them which is tough to play against. But they are a sound team.
Which team has been the best that you have faced this season, as well as the one key factor that made them so good?
Rocky River has been the best team we have played they like to air the ball out to their very talented receiver room.
During a tough season how to you keep motivated to keep playing?
I stay motivated by improving my game and also looking forward to the potential of playing college football
What advice would you give to your teammates, if they are struggling to keep pushing on with the way the season as gone?
The advice I have given them is that use this year to improve your game and become a better athlete and next year dominate.
What makes you a good teammate?
I think I am a good teammate because I try my best to lead my example and lead with my work ethic rather than with my words.
What is a fad or style that your generation have that you just don’t get?
In football I don’t understand having fun after a loss.
Outside of sports, what are you doing for fun?
I like to watch film and learn tendencies of offenses and defenses and I also like to cook
If you could go back and live in any era in time, where are you living?
The time era I would live in the 1990s because my dad talks about how much simpler it was back then


Comments