2026 In season interview with Brenner Stoddard from Madison, Idaho
Name: Brenner Stoddard
School/town: Madison High School/ Rexburg, Idaho
Positions played: Placekicker
Class: 2028
Height and Weight: 5' 11" | 158 lbs
Jersey Number: 47
Awards won or earned:
HUDL LINK:
Other sports played: Soccer and basketball.
Twitter Handle: @brennerstoddard
What were your goals heading into the season?
60 yard field goal in a game, 100% on PAT's, 90+% on field goals, kick offs averaging 70+ yards with 4.0 hang time.
What goals did you set for your team?
Win the state championship.
How much time do you get during practice to work on your craft?
Pretty much all I need because I get all my other training done outside of practice.
How much time do you spend practicing kicking on your own?
I spend at most an hour a day, four days a week actually kicking. But including everything I do in a day such as stretching, workouts, recovery, and practice, it gets upward of around 7 hours a day working on my craft.
What has been your longest field goal during practice?
I've made multiple 70 yarders, but have never really tried further.
What has been your longest field goal in a game?
So far this year in 2026 is 48 yards, which ties my record for longest field goal in a game as last year where I also made a 48 yard field goal. Crazy story is that they were both game winners against Middleton but last year it was on the left hash and this year's was on the right hash on the same field going the same way.
How do you bounce back after a bad game?
I can only remember having one bad game, but being a kicker you have to learn to flush a bad kick and go get the next one.
What's been your biggest moment as an athlete?
Its gotta be winning games for the team when the game is up to you, or getting ranked nationally to see where I rank against other kickers in the country.
What was the best part of playing in the Dome at Idaho State?
It was just awesome playing on a college field, but being a kicker its awesome because there is no winds to throw you off.
What was the toughest part of playing in the Dome?
I would say there wasn't anything that made playing in the Dome hard, but the only difference for me was kicking on smaller uprights.
Can you share with the readers some of the schools that are recruiting you?
Ive been in contact with several D1 schools and I'm very grateful for their interest in me!
What has been the best advice you have been given when it comes to playing sports, and from whom did you get the advice?
It would have to be something that my dad told me and that is you get what you put into it which is totally true.
Outside of sports, what are you doing for fun?
Man, I mean anything outdoors I pretty much love. Like hunting, fishing, dirt biking and lots others.
What is the one food that you will not eat?
I actually don't know, I'm not very picky so ill eat pretty much anything.
Who is your favorite athlete?
Its gotta be Cristiano Ronaldo because I used to watch him all growing up and because he's the GOAT ha-ha!


Comments