2026 Getting to know West Union Club Football Head Coach Dante Fadale


School/town: West Union 

Positions: Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator 

College: Did not attend 

Name: Dante Fadale


Please post something from last season that sticks out to you. It can be from a game, practice, or something funny on the bus ride to or from the game. Any moment that sticks out to you.

N/A 

 
Would you let the readers know about your coaching career from your first job to your current job?


My coaching career started at West Union last year. I came in as a Defensive Coordinator and at the end of the season I was offered the head coaching job for 2026-2027 season 


What is the toughest part of coaching club football? 

 
I would say the toughest part is the scouting aspect. We try to pull kids from several local schools who don’t offer football. Sometimes those certain schools make it difficult to recruit them.


What is the most rewarding art of coaching club football? 

When parents come to us and say that their son has improved on and off the football field. 


How does the coaches go about getting player ?

 
We drop flyers off to schools that do not offer football. We also go through the kids that play for us that may go to those schools that don’t over football and them to recruit for us there. 


Can you share with the readers where you guys get the players from? 
 

We try to get most of our players from west union but offer football to local schools who do not have a program. 


I am sure with a smaller staff you have to multi task as a coach. Can you share with the readers some of the things you are doing as a coach? 

I mostly try to keep practices organized. All of our coaching staff have played most positions so we will rotate on position drills for each day. Coach’s will also stay late to paint our field and prepare everything before our home games. 


With such low numbers have guys as a staff every thought to moving to 8-man football?

 
There isn’t any local 8 man football programs around. If I have 11 with the heart and passion to play football I’d rather stay 11 man. 


In your opinion what has to change to make things better not just for your team but for the league in general?

 
I feel like the league should be more united to take kids to camps and other activities together. The hardest part for our league is helping these kids get their names and abilities to colleges. 


I have asked players who go to West Union if they play for the club team and they have all said no, but never really gave me an answer. How hard to you and the other coaches go after players who attend West Union? 

 
We try very hard to recruit from West Union but unfortunately a lot of students don’t want to play football. It’s like with any sports you’ll have a great 4 years of kids wanting to play football or just a handful of kids for four years that don’t. 


With such a small roster can you share with the readers some of the unique things the staff does as far as practice goes?

 
Practices normally are broken down by positions. We do our best to break down every position so that the players who play that position can be elite at it 


As far as I can see you guys only have eight games schedule this season and I notice that league foe,  Peebles, who also has just an eight game schedule is not on your schedule? Can you explain to the readers why that is?


We have 11 games scheduled for this year. We play North Adams and Peebles twice this year. 

I find it a cool as a fan of the high school game, that you guys have O.H.S.A.A. Sciotoville East on the schedule? Would you share with the readers how you guys as an organization look for non-league games?

 
Our directors and coach’s will make phone calls to tons of teams to find openings to play teams that aren’t in our league.


Outside of coaching what are you doing for fun?

 
Spending time with my son and watching my favorite sports teams 

What is your go-to snack?

 
Pecans

Who is your favorite athlete?

 
LeBron James



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Perrin Cunningham Offensive Line Coach from Licking Heights

2024 Interview with QB/CB/P Brady Hyre from Harrison Central

2025 Interview with Carter Dreibelbis from Upper Dauphin (PA)