2026 Getting to Know Thatcher Kihne, Selby High School, Selby, SD
Name: Thatcher Kihne
School/town Selby High School, Selby, SD
Positions played: CB,QB
Class: Sophomore
Height and Weight: 5,11 157lbs
Jersey Number: 8
Awards won or earned:
HUDL LINK: http://www.hudl.com/profile/23607260
Other sports played: baseball and golf
Twitter Handle: https://x.com/kihnethatcher?s=11
Who or what got you started playing football? I’ve just always watched it on TV and always had a passion to play.
What keeps you playing the game?
My mindset for my goals and the people I play with.
What is the toughest part of playing quarterback?
Having to remember every detail about plays and knowing that almost all eyes are on you while playing.
What is the best part of being the quarterback?
Being able to be in charge of the guys on the field
When you are at cornerback, could you break down for the readers your main functions?
Contain the outside and cover my zone
What is something unique about the Herreid/Selby High School team that most fans would not know?
The amount of time we spend in the weight room.
What are your personal goals for the season?
Get good grades in school.
What team goals will you set?
Make it to a semi final game in the playoffs or further
As an athlete, what's been your biggest moment?
Beating the number #1 Aullybuttes chargers.
How do you get over a bad game?
Listen to music watch the film and move on.
What is the toughest part of practice?
Conditioning at the end of Practice.
What is your game day routine?
Get out of school get food at the gas station and listen to my music.
Who is your favorite athlete?
Kirk cousins
What is the one food you will not eat?
I honestly will eat anything you put in front of me. I am not one bit picky
Other than sports, what are you doing for fun?
If I’m not doing any sports I am playing golf or with my girlfriend.


Comments