2026 Getting to know Brexton Grime from Archbold
Name: Brexton Grime
School/town: Archbold, Ohio
Positions played: WR/CB
Class: 2028
Height and Weight: 6'0", 180 lbs
Jersey Number: 8
Awards won or earned: league recognition
HUDL LINK: https://www.hudl.com/profile/18650264/Brexton-Grime
Other sports played: track, basketball
Twitter Handle: BrextonGrime_8
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, or the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
In the Genoa game, I got pushed to the ground after the whistle, and one of my teammates got into the guy's face and stood up for me. This is the brotherhood Archbold has.
What is something unique about the Archbold football program that most fans would not know?
How close we all are with each other. Everyone hangs out with one another, and no one is left out. Also, the culture Archbold has: we have won a lot of games in the past and present, and there is a winning culture here.
What is the toughest part of being a cornerback?
Going against receivers who might be faster or stronger than you is tough, but if you use the skills you are taught, you can make up for it.
How would you describe your style of play?
I use a lot of technique, so I would say I’m very technical, and I would say my strong suit is my coverage.
Which type of receiver is the toughest to guard?
The quick, small, and shifty guys. These guys make moves fast and can create space; you have to get hands-on and stay on top of them.
What has been your biggest moment as an athlete?
Starting at cornerback my sophomore year of high school. It was the best moment of my life.
Which road stadium is the toughest to play in, along with the thing that makes it so tough?
Liberty Center is tough because they have a good fan base, and the stands are close to the field so you can hear everything. Also, the fans tend to get loud and bring the energy.
What is the worst weather to play in?
Cold weather when the helmet is hard to put on and you can see your own breath. It hurts a lot more too.
What makes you a good teammate?
I would say my respect for everyone, even if you are an underclassman, deserves to be treated with respect. I try to treat underclassmen the best because they are the future of the program.
What will you miss the most from your teammates that just graduated?
The laughs they brought every day to practice and the energy they always brought, the energy no matter what.
Do you feel that private schools have unfair advantages over public schools?
At the end of the day, it’s who’s the better football team.
If the Browns get their dome, should the state finals be moved there?
I think it would be really cool to play in the Browns' dome if they get it.
What is the toughest part of two-a-days?
Knowing how long it’s going to be and how hard you are going to have to work. Just got to keep pushing through, and in the end it’s all worth it.
Have you ever gone to a Toledo Rockets football game?
Yes, my sister goes to Toledo, and she helps with their equipment, so she is able to get my family free tickets to the games.
What are your favorite and least favorite types of music?
I like country, rock, and rap the most. I don’t really have a least favorite type of music; they all are good in different ways.
What is your go-to snack?
If I’m just at a gas station, I would get blue shark gummies and a Powerade, but if it’s pre-game, a sub from Subway or a Gatorade bar and some Goldfish crackers are on the menu.


Comments