2026 Getting to know Braylon Francis from Paris, KY
Name: Braylon Francis
School/town: Paris High School, Paris, KY
Positions played: Football: WR, CB, ATH Basketball: CG, SG
Class: 2028
Height and Weight: 6’2, 175 lbs
Jersey Number: 3
Awards won or earned: Basketball: District 40 All District Team, District 40 Player of the Game, 10th Region All-Region Honorable Mention
HUDL LINK: www.hudl.com/profile/22749776
Other sports played: Football, Basketball, Track
Twitter Handle: @BraylonF3
Are you better at football or basketball?
I would say I'm generally better at basketball, but don't get me wrong, I am still good at football, so I'm just a multisport athlete that's good at both.
How long have you played each sport?
I have played basketball and football since I was around 6 years old, so 10 years.
What makes you a good teammate?
I am a good teammate because not only do I want to see myself win, but I want everyone to win in whatever it is, from the field to the court, and in life in general. I lead my team to do as best as we can no matter what it is.
With you listed as playing as many positions as you do, it is easy to tell you are well-rounded on the field. Of the positions that you played, which one do you feel you are best at?
I am a very well-rounded athlete on the field and on the court, but I'd say for football I'm better at WR because I produce more and, because of my size, it's easier to go get the ball and I normally have an advantage. On the court my main position is SG, but wherever my coach needs me to play I will go do it, no questions asked.
What are your goals for the season?
My goals for the season football-wise are to aim for around 1,200 receiving yards and 12-15 touchdowns. On the basketball side, I am wanting to receive Second Team All Region Team, get All District Team again and also reach the 800 career point mark, maybe even more. As you can tell, this is going to be a breakout year for me.
What team goals will you set?
My team goals for the season football-wise are to, of course, win every game, but also just grow as a team and leave everything we got on the field. No matter how good the team we play is we just have to have the mindset that we have what we need to win and we just have to execute, and i would say vice versa for basketball.
As an athlete, what has been your biggest moment?
As an athlete, my biggest moment, I would say, would probably be really my sophomore year of basketball because coming into my sophomore year, I was doubted so much by everyone, so I knew I had to prove them wrong and show them really what I can do. My fres…
Who has been the best player that you have faced on the field and then on the court, as well as the teams they were on?
I'd say the best football player I have faced would be Landen Stiltner from Raceland High School. He is a very skilled and strong player on both sides of the ball and is really tough to get down when he has the ball. On the court, I’d say the best player I have faced would be Montez Gay from George Rogers Clark High School because he is a really big dude; being 6’6” and 200 lbs, it’s a challenge to stop him from getting to the rim.
Would you rather open the season with your rival or end the regular season with them?
I'd rather end my season in both sports with our rival because there's so much emotion leading up to these games that we would be more than ready to play that game.
What did you accomplish during the off-season to help you be a better player?
During the offseason I have been in the weight room more than I have ever been in my life, and that is the best decision I have made because it has prepared me and helped me in so many ways I didn't know were possible. I also have built relationships with college coaches in both sports, which is going to help me this upcoming year with my recruiting process.
What's the best part of being a student-athlete at Paris?
The best part of being a student athlete at Paris is the size of the school, hands down. Paris is such a close community; everyone knows each other and if I ever need help in the classroom or on the field or court, I immediately know who to go to.
What is something unique about the Paris football program that most fans would not know?
Something unique about the Paris football program that fans usually don’t know about is that the players and coaches all go through whatever we need to just to put on a good show for them. And one thing y’all might not know: our stadium is named after an NFL championship coach who started his career right in Paris.
What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite subject is most definitely English because reading is just so soothing to me and, to be honest, it came natural to me.
What is your go-to snack?
My go-to snack is cereal; any time of the day I promise you I will eat it. Or I also sometimes go with the Parmesan cheese Pasta-Roni; it takes you about 2 minutes to cook and it's amazing.
You have one hour to speak to any athlete throughout history. Who are you talking to?
I would speak to Devonta Smith because his history relates to mine right now as an underweight WR; right now I would want to know what really pushed him to get to where he is right now.
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
My favorite memory from last season was when we went to Sayre for the second round of playoffs and beat them for the first time in years. We had a police escort back into town and made it to the 3rd round of state playoffs in a long time.


Comments