2026 Getting to know Tariq Howard from Buena, Sierra Vista, Arizona
Name: Tariq Howard
School/town: Buena, Sierra Vista, Arizona
Positions played: WR/DB
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 6’ 165
Jersey Number: 5
Awards won or earned: All cochisian, UC ALL AMERICAN 2nd TEAM
Varsity basketball, varsity track
HUDL LINK: https://www.hudl.com/profile/20419831
Other sports played: Varsity basketball, varsity track
Twitter Handle: @TariqHoward10
Please post a small recap of last season with something like a big game you had, something about a certain game, something from a bus ride to or from the game, or something that sticks out from a practice.
My best game last season was senior night Buena vs CDO. Had a matchup against a very tall, lengthy WR, but I had him covered all game as well as flying around the field making tackles and returning kicks.
With this being your final high school football season, have you approached things with more intensity than you have in the past? Explain.
I have been approaching with more intensity because, with this being my last year and having a new playbook, I need to make this year count! Working myself to the hardest I can while also being a team leader and pushing my teammates to do the same so the team is all on the same page.
What has been your biggest moment as a football player?
The biggest moment I’ve had as a football player was the opportunity to have a coach offer me.
Of the wins that you have experienced, which one has meant the most to you?
The win that meant the most to me had to be senior night vs. CDO; I say this because the seniors that graduated, I’ve been with them since we started football, and to realize they won’t be playing with me again hit me deep.
Which loss has stung the most?
The loss that stung the most was the loss vs. ALA or our playoff game. Against ALA, I got hurt the second play of the game and I called out every play they did. Our loss in the playoffs stung bad because I realized that the season is really over and I only have one more chance.
Wide receiver or defensive back, which one do you feel you are better at?
I honestly feel like I thrive at both WR and DB, but I’d have to go with DB
As a receiver, what type of coverage guy do you like to face the most?
Me personally, I like a man-to-man coverage when I’m at WR because we’ll see who wants it more.
As a cover guy, what type of receiver is the toughest to cover?
I don’t think any type of WR I face is tough to cover; if you think one is tough to cover, you’re weakening yourself.
What makes you a good teammate?
I’d say my leadership and my ability to always uplift teammates when they’re feeling down or make a bad play. I’m always showing teammates the right thing to do
What is the strongest part of your overall game?
The strongest part of my game is my hustle and my ability to not give up, as well as my consistency to the game
What have you done during the off-season to make you a better player?
In the offseason I’ve been in the weight room consistently, as well as staying in great condition. I’ve also been eating healthy and staying active overall.
Can the band, fans, and cheerleaders get you fired up before and/or during the game?
Yes, the band and the cheerleaders do get me very hyped and fired up for the game more than I already was. It’s something about the band and cheer being so loud and hype that gets me ready.
What is a style or fad that your generation has that you do not get?
A style that I don’t get would probably be the way everyone’s hair is changing.
Arizona o Arizona State?
I like both Arizona teams so this is hard to choose.
Who is your favorite athlete?
My favorite athlete would probably have to be Christian Gonzalez.


Comments