2026 Getting to know Rashad Chandler from David W. Carter TX


Name: Rashad Chandler
School/town: David W. Carter, Dallas, Texas
Positions played: Edge/Lb
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 6’2, 238 lbs
Jersey Number: 11
Awards won or earned: 2 leadership awards, All-state
HUDL LINK: www.hudl.com/video/3/19716463/68c85f315435b5deb2e1de21
Other sports played: Track&Field, Swimming, wrestling 
Twitter Handle: @ChandlerRa99242


Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.

The moment that stuck out to me is the first photo
It’s a photo from Carter vs. Panther Creek, round 1 of the playoffs


Who or what got you started playing football?

 
I was too rough to play basketball in middle school, so my dad told me to play football in highschool 

What keeps you playing the game?

The drive to do something unique in my family.

What are your personal goals for the season?

70 tackles, 30 sacks, 18 TFLs, 2 FF, 1 Rec

What team goals will you set?

My team has set a goal of going to the 4th round of the playoffs in hopes of playing for the state championship in class 4a.

What makes you a good teammate?

My ability to motivate my team in tough situations, keep us humble, and push those around me to better their craft day in and day out.

What is the strongest part of your game?

How barbaric I become when it’s 3rd and long. I feel as if I need to go hunting. 

What were you able to accomplish during the off-season to aid you in being a better player? 

The first thing I did back in February was talk to local D1 programs and ask coaches what they look for in a LB or edge. I took that info, rewatched my film with my position coach Billy Wilson and picked 3 moves to master. Club and rip, ghost arm, and spin move. Majority of my game last season was a lot of brute force and this off season it was a lot more finesse and it showed. In the 3 camps I competed in, my record was 12-3.

What is the toughest part of being a multisport athlete?

Time management with school is the toughest thing because I am busy all year round.


What is the most rewarding part of being a multisport athlete?


It helps build my character and it creates a sense of self-awareness. Also, the breaks from school are great, lol.

Do you feel you are better on the edge or at linebacker?


I feel better on the edge because I don’t have to worry about zone coverage when a tight end gets on the line.

Would you share with the readers some of the schools that are recruiting you along with any offers you may have?

Currently, I have offers from Wayne State University and Henderson State. Currently, I’m getting looks from a couple of D1 schools in Texas and in Pennsylvania.

What's been your biggest moment as an athlete?

When I realized I made it to state in shot put as an underclassman. I balled my eyes out when I told my mom.

Who are your role models?

My role models as an athlete are Myles Garrett and Collin Simmons for their work ethic and kindness to peers, and Ray Lewis for his motivation and mentality on the field.

What is your go-to snack?

I love wild berry Life Saver gummies with a light blue Gatorade.

Outside of sports, what are you doing for fun?

I go hang out with a couple of my friends at the gym or I play video games at home, and that’s rare because most of my family are athletes, so we’re always doing some type of workout.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Perrin Cunningham Offensive Line Coach from Licking Heights

2025 Interview with Carter Dreibelbis from Upper Dauphin (PA)

2024 Interview with QB/CB/P Brady Hyre from Harrison Central