2026 Getting to know Nevion Wright from Crown Point, IND
Name: Nevion Wright
School/town: Crown Point
Positions played: DL
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 6’2 250
Jersey Number: 52
Awards won or earned: none
HUDL LINK: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/21372158/68fa6fcdea707630a70690c3
Other sports played: track and field
Twitter Handle: Nevionwright78
What is something unique about the Crown Point football team that most fans would not know?
How hard we all work to become great and how fast and physical we play as a team
Nose tackle or defensive end. which one do you feel you are better at?
Nose tackle, I love it.
Would you break down for the readers what your biggest job is when you are at nose guard?
Make sure I get in my gap and do my job, play fast and physical, give my absolute best on every play.
What is the best part of being on the D-Line?
If we all do our job, we could make almost every play; we all have different strengths, so if we play in sync, we can do anything
What is the toughest part of being on the D-Line?
I feel is taking on a double team; you have to keep ur ground
Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he was on?
I feel it was a receiver from Michigan City that was really killing or defensive
Should every team make the playoffs?
Yes, everybody should have a chance to prove themselves
After the season is over, what would it mean to you to get an invite to play in the North vs. South game?
It would mean a lot to me for sure; I would love to make it that far to showcase what I got.
Can the band, fans, and cheerleaders get you fired up before and/or during the game?
Definitely, if an environment is very hyped, I will get very hyped because they are showing love and support
What is the strength of your game?
Being as fast as I can off the ball, especially during pursuit tackle
What team goals will you set for the season?
Lead in sacks
Also in tackles for losses and interceptions.
Would you share with the readers any offers you have along with some of the schools that you are hearing from?
I have 4 offers from Carthage College, Marian University, Saint Mary of the Woods, and Calumet College. I got some interest from Manchester, Benedictine, Carroll, Defiance, North Park, just a lot of schools.
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
After every game, the bus ride back was extremely fun; it shows that we all love and care about each other on the team
What is a sport you love to play but lack the skill set to?
Basketball
Baseball
Who are your role models?
Honestly, all my role models are my teammates who came before me, who set the tone and showed real bulldog football.
You have one hour to speak to any past or current defensive lineman. Who are you speaking to?
I would speak Kenneth Grant, a defense lineman that went to Merriville when I was in middle school that is now a starting lineman for the Miami Dolphins.


Comments