2026 Getting to know Michael Tishkoff from Columbus Academy
Name: Michael Tishkoff
School/town: Columbus Academy
Position: Quarterback
Class: 2027
Height and weight: 6’2 175lbs
Jersey number: 13
Awards won: 2nd team all league and 2nd team all district.
Other sports played: Basketball and Lacrosse.
Twitter handle: @MichaelTishkoff
What makes you a good teammate?
What I believe makes me a good teammate is my ability to bring my team together to not just get better every day with each other but also to make us better friends off the field.
What do you believe is the strength of your game?
The strength of my game is trust. I’m not the fastest and I don’t have the strongest arm, but my ability to put trust in my teammates and get them the ball in space makes me very affective.
What’s been your biggest moment as an athlete?
My biggest moment as an athlete so far has been taking my team the farthest we have gone since 2003 with very little amounts of people believing in us.
What type of defense do you like facing the most?
The defense I like facing the most is cover 2 because I feel like I have an easier time picking it apart.
How would you describe your game:
I would describe myself as a field manager, but I can use my legs and make challenging throws still.
What have you been able to do during the offseason to aid you in being a better player this season?
In the offseason I have focused on becoming more confident as a player as well as gaining weight through intense lifts.
With this being your final high school football, have you approached things differently than you have in the past?
With this being my final season of high school ball, it does mean more to me, but my approach to games will stay consistent as it has in the past.
I asked this question a few times in the past and all but two have answered it. Do you feel as though private schools have unfair advantages over public schools?
I can’t speak for all private schools, but mine specifically, I do not believe we have an unfair advantage due to us being a very small school going up against much bigger opponents.
How often do you watch game film on your own?
During the season I watch film of my opponents with every chance I get. Like I said earlier, I view myself as a game manager, and one way of succeeding in that play style is for me to know exactly what I need to do against the defense. If I had to give a range, I probably watch about two hours of film a week.
After the season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the all-star games, will you?
I don’t see why I wouldn’t; I love to compete with the best of the best and showcase my talents against that type of competition.
With college coaches paying as much attention to Hudl and X, how often do you update your pages?
Honestly, I probably do not utilize it as much as I should, but my page has all it needs to show coaches the player I am.
What team goals will you set this season?
I want to win it all this year. With this being my last year, I don’t see why I shouldn’t set the bar as high as possible, and with the guys I have in the locker room, I believe we can get this done.
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
My favorite moment from last year is when we traveled two hours to Dover and won in double overtime. It was the ultimate team win, and with that we carried the moment into momentum.
What is your favorite class or subject?
My favorite class from last year was ancient civilizations.
Did you watch any of the UFL games?
I did catch a few games here and there on TV, but I was not a big fan of it.
Who are your role models?
My role models are my parents and coaches. They all set the standard of how I should act on and off the field, not just to be a better football player but a better person.


Comments