2026 Getting to know Hunter Jones from South Dearborn, IND
Name: Hunter Jones
School/town: South Dearborn High School (Aurora, IN)
Positions played: Quarterback
Class: 2028
Height and Weight: 6'2" 180lbs
Jersey Number: 5
Awards won or earned: Mental Attitude x2
Other sports played: None
Twitter Handle: @HunterJ0505
South
Dearborn was able to add one win to its total from the previous season.
What will it take to not only keep the improvement going but to finish
the season with a winning record?
I believe it will take all of our guys
being bought in and locked in every week and taking everything one game
at a time. I believe it will take our guys thinking more about the team and not just themselves. We all need to work as one to achieve the goals that we all have for this year.
How
would you describe your style of play?
I see myself as a dual threat. I
can make defenses pay with my legs if I'm required to use them, and I
have the arm that can make any throw on the field. I know I have the
abilities to keep defensive coordinators up at night.
As
a quarterback, what type of defense do you like going up against the
most?
The defenses I like going up against are Cover 0 or Cover 2. If
I'm up against Cover 0, I know my receivers have the ability to beat
defenders and make plays downfield. If Cover 2, then I know I can make a
play down the middle of the field.
What
is the toughest part of being the quarterback?
I think the toughest
part of being a quarterback is all the responsibilities of being a quarterback. You have to know what everyone on your team is doing every
play, you have to know the down and situation, you have to diagnose what
the defense is doing and how to attack the defense when the ball is
snapped.
What is the most
rewarding part of being a quarterback?
To me, the most rewarding part of
being a quarterback is knowing all of your teammates are following you
and trusting you to lead them. Another great thing is throwing a
touchdown pass and hearing the crowd cheer and watching the receiver
cross the goal line.
How much time do you put in watching game film on your own?
I try to watch about 45 minutes to an hour of film to make sure I'm soaking as much knowledge as I can
What
makes you a good teammate?
Some things that make me a good teammate is
my ability to lead by example; I am an easy person to come and talk to
about problems, and I come with high energy and an eager readiness to
compete.
Should every team make the playoffs?
I believe every team should have a chance to compete. Football is a very surprising sport, and you never know what could happen.
What
did you learn about yourself from last season that you can use to be
better this season?
I think some things I should remember is not to get
so flustered when facing pressure, let the game slow down and come to
me, and not rush through my thought process.
What
is something unique about the South Dearborn football team that most
fans would not know?
We have a secondary mascot named Lil Stunt.
Would
you rather face man coverage or zone?
I would rather face man coverage
because my receivers are very good at beating man coverage.
Would
you rather start the season against your rival or end the regular
season against them?
I would rather play my rival team at the end of the
season; I believe it gives our team something to look forward to
throughout the whole year.
Post
anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be
from a practice, a game, or the bus ride to or from the game. Any one
moment that sticks out to you.
I don't really have any moments that I
can remember from last year.
What
is a skill or talent that you have that would shock those who know you?
I will be able to somewhat speak 3 languages with time once I finish
learning to speak German
What is
a style or fad that your generation has that you do not understand?
I
don't understand the baggy " Jameson Williams" drip.
What is your favorite type of music?
I like a lot of Deftones or country music, something to get me in the mood for the game.



Comments