2026 Getting to know Hastings Haymore from Buena High School, Arizona
Hastings Haymore
Buena High School – Sierra Vista, Arizona
Running back (RB), defensive end (DE), middle linebacker (MLB)
Class: 2028
Height and Weight: 6'0", approximately 180 lbs
Jersey Number: 25
Awards won or earned: Placed first in my weight class at Sectionals during my freshman wrestling season. This will be my first year starting on varsity football, so I haven't earned football awards yet, but I'm looking to have a breakout season.
HUDL LINK: www.hudl.com/profile/26294328/Hastings-Haymore
Other sports played: Wrestling
Twitter Handle: @HastingsHaymore
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, or the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
The moment that stands out the most was seeing how our team came together during a tough game against ALA Gilbert North. Everyone stayed focused, kept encouraging each other, and never gave up. It showed me how strong our team chemistry was.
What is something unique about the Buena High School football program that most fans would not know?
Our program emphasizes accountability. We focus just as much on hard work, discipline, and leadership as we do football. The coaches expect us to be leaders in the classroom, in the community, and on the field.
RB / DE / MLB: Which of those positions are you best at?
I love playing running back, and I'd say it's the position I'm best at.
As a middle linebacker, what is your biggest responsibility?
My biggest responsibility is making sure everyone is lined up correctly, reading the offense before the snap, and leading the defense.
What has been the biggest moment for you as an athlete?
The biggest moments of my athletic career have been competing at the wrestling state tournament and helping our football team reach the state playoffs.
Who or what got you started playing football?
My family introduced me to football at a young age, and I fell in love with the competition and the brotherhood that comes with the game. There aren't many sports that can match the physicality and intensity of football.
What is your game day routine?
I make sure I'm hydrated, eat a good meal, listen to music, stay focused, and mentally go over my assignments before kickoff.
If things are going astray at practice, which teammate is going to get vocal first and get things back to the way they are supposed to be?
Usually, one of our team leaders will step up. We hold each other accountable because everyone wants to improve.
What are you going to miss the most from your teammates that just graduated?
I'll miss their leadership and experience. They set the standard for how we should work every day and gave me something to strive for and eventually pass on to the younger players.
What is the worst weather to play in?
Cold rain. It makes everything harder, but you still have to execute.
How do you get over a bad game?
I watch the film, learn from my mistakes, and get back to work. Every game is an opportunity to improve.
Can you share with the readers the biggest lesson you have learned from playing football?
Success comes from consistency. The work you put in every day eventually shows up on Friday nights.
When the game is on the line, do you want to be on offense or defense? Explain.
Defense. I like having the chance to make the game-winning stop and knowing the outcome is in our hands.
What was the last book that you read, along with the author?
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
What is your favorite snack?
Beef jerky.
How many states have you been to?
9


Comments