2026 Getting to Know Carson Akers from Ironton
School/town: Ironton High School
Positions played: OL/DL
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 6’0, 235lbs
Jersey Number: 68
Awards won or earned: 2024 state championship
HUDL LINK: www.hudl.com/v/2ThMKv
Other sports played: Track
Twitter Handle: @akers_carson_
Post anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be from a practice, a game, the bus ride to or from the game. Any one moment that sticks out to you.
The bus ride to union town PA, and the time we spent together as a team
With everything that occurred last season how eager are you for the 2026 season to kick off?
I can’t wait for the season to start, It’s going to be a revenge tour
What are your person goals for the season?
Be the best I can possibly be for my team
What goals are you setting for the team?
Undefeated season, with a state championship ring on our finger.
What makes you a good teammate?
I’m fun to be around and also a leader of our team
Offensive line or defensive line which do you feel you are better at?
I feel like I’m strong at both offensive and defensive line, when my team needs me at any position, I will be there.
Which side of the line is the toughest to prepare for?
Offensive line is harder to prepare for because you have a lot more going on.
What type of lineman do you enjoy facing the most?
I like facing tall linemen because I feel like I have an advantage where I’m smaller and can stay lower.
What have you done during the off-season to improve your game?
Ive been in the weight room non stop, I’ve worked on using my hands more and being more explosive.
As an athlete was has been your biggest moment?
Playing in the state championship has been my biggest moment.
What has been your lowest moment as an athlete?
My lowest moment is injuries I’ve faced throughout my high school career.
If you are invited to play in any of the all-star games after the season, will you play?
I have thought about playing in the games, it really just depends on my college coaches decision.
Would you share with the readers some of the schools that have recruited you, along with any offers you have?
I have 7 offers currently, Ohio Wesleyan, ashland, Wilmington, Bluffton, Mount st Joseph, Wittenberg, and indiana wesleyan.
What is your favorite school lunch?
Chicken nuggets with mashed potatoes and gravy.
Who are your role models?
My biggest role models are Warren sapp, Carlos Dunlap, Aaron Donald, and my dad.
Where is your dream vacation spot?
Bora bora


Comments