2026 Getting to know Abbott Lockwood from Monarch High School, Colorado

Name: Abbott Lockwood
School/Town: Monarch High School – Louisville, Colorado
Positions played: Slot Wide Receiver / Athlete / Return Specialist
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 5’11”, 178 lbs.
Jersey Number: #19
Awards Won or Earned:
1st Team All-Conference (Slot WR)
1st Team All-State Track (100m)
Academic All-State (Track & Football)
Colorado’s Fastest Class of 2027 Sprinter (10.50 – 100m)
School Record Holder – 100m 
Multiple NCAA Division I Offers
HUDL LINK: www.hudl.com/profile/19302929/ABBOTT-LOCKWOOD-19  
Other Sports Played: Track & Field 
Twitter Handle:@Abbott_L_19


Please post a small recap of last season with something like a big game you had, something about a certain game, something from a bus ride to or from the game, or something that sticks out from a practice.

Last season was a breakthrough year for me both on the football field and the track. I earned First Team All-Conference at slot receiver, and every week I felt more confident making plays for our offense. Then in the spring, everything came together on the track. I ran a 10.50 in the 100 meters to become Colorado’s fastest Class of 2027 sprinter, broke my school’s 100-meter record, and earned First Team All-State honors. It’s been exciting to see how track has made me a more explosive football player, and I’m looking forward to bringing that speed back to the field this fall.

Who or what got you started playing football?

Football has always been a part of my life. My dad set the Colorado state career rushing record, earned All-Pac-10 honors at USC, and was drafted by the New England Patriots in 1992. Growing up around the game inspired me, but I’ve also wanted to create my own path. I’ve played with many of the same teammates for over eight years, and those friendships, along with great coaches, are what made me fall in love with football.

What keeps you playing the game?

I love competing. Whether it’s football or track, I enjoy challenging myself to be better every day. Track has helped make me a faster and more explosive football player, while football has taught me toughness, discipline, and how to compete as part of a team. Both sports push me to become the best athlete and person I can be.

What are the team goals you will set this season?

Our goal is to compete for a conference championship and make a deep playoff run. We have a talented group returning, and we want to be known as a team that plays fast, plays together, and never quits. Personally, I want to use my speed to create explosive plays and do whatever I can to help us win.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete?

Breaking my school’s 100-meter record and running a 10.50 to earn First Team All-State Track honors is something I’ll never forget. Becoming the fastest Class of 2027 sprinter in Colorado opened the door to national competition invitations and reinforced that hard work pays off. Seeing that speed translate into three Division I football offers has made the journey even more rewarding.

What makes you a good teammate?


I try to lead by example. I work hard every day, encourage my teammates, and stay positive whether things are going well or we’re facing adversity. I believe success comes from holding yourself accountable first and always putting the team ahead of yourself.

Why should your number be called when the game is on the line?

Because I prepare for those moments long before Friday night. My speed gives me the ability to change a game with one play, but it’s my preparation and confidence that allow me to perform under pressure. I trust my coaches, I trust my teammates, and I trust the work I’ve put in. When the game is on the line, I want the ball in my hands because I believe I can make the play our team needs.

What type of cover guy do you enjoy going up against the most?

I enjoy going against physical corners who like to press at the line. It gives me the chance to use my quickness, footwork, and acceleration to create separation early in the route and make them chase me.

Is there a pro or college player that you pattern your game after?

I like watching Deebo Samuel because of how versatile he is. He lines up all over the field, creates mismatches and turns short catches into explosive plays. That’s the type of player I strive to be.

What do you believe the strength of your game is?

My biggest strength is my speed. I can stretch the field, create separation, and turn routine plays into explosive touchdowns. I also take pride in being versatile and making plays wherever my coaches need me.

What did you accomplish during the offseason that will aid you in becoming a better player this season?

I focused on getting stronger without sacrificing my speed. I continued competing in track, ran a 10.50 in the 100 meters, worked on my route running with former NFL receiver Tanner Gentry, and spent a lot of time improving my football IQ. I feel like I’m a more complete player heading into this season.

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he was on?

One of the best players I’ve faced was four-star cornerback Toray Davis from Fairview High School, who is now at the University of Texas. He matched up with me throughout the game and challenged me on every snap. I’d love the opportunity to compete against him again now that I have another year of experience under my belt.

With this being your final high school season, are you preparing any differently than you have in the past?

Absolutely. I’m treating every workout, practice, and game like an opportunity to prove myself. I know this season will have a big impact on my future, so I’m paying even more attention to my recovery, nutrition, film study, and the little details that help me improve every day.

Who is your favorite athlete?

Tyreek Hill. His speed changes the way defenses have to play, and I love watching how he turns every touch into a potential big play.

What are you doing outside of sports for fun?

I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, being outdoors, and watching college football.

What is your favorite class or subject?

Business is my favorite subject. My DECA teammate and I won the Colorado State Championship this past spring and qualified for the DECA Nationals. I hope to become an entrepreneur and own my own business one day. 

ABBOTT LOCKWOOD #19 - “ATH” - 100m 10.50 - Boulder, CO - 2027 - 5’-11” 180 - 1st Team All-
Conference Offense (slot) - 1st Team All-State Track 100m - Academic All-State

 

 My name is Abbott Lockwood, a Class of 2027 “Athlete” from Monarch High School in Colorado.
This past May I placed 2nd in the 100m at the Colorado State Championship 5A division with a 10.50 and received 1st team All State recognition. My time is the
fastest class of 2027 100m time in Colorado and I’ve been invited to compete at the NIKE OUTDOOR NATIONALS in Eugene, OR and at the UNDER ARMOUR
NATIONALS @ IMG Academy, FL with the top 50 ranked 100m sprinters. My 100m marks a new school record, alongside my recent 21.86 in the 200m. In addition
to my track accomplishments, I also run a verified 4.38 40-yard dash.
In football, I earned Unanimous 1st Team All-Conference honors at Slot WR this past season, despite only transitioning to the position two weeks before our
first game. I’m a two-way starter and led our team with over 800 snaps across 11 games. Our program has won back-to-back undefeated league championships,
and we are preparing to compete for a state title in 2026.
I consider myself a versatile athlete with elite speed who can impact the game on both sides of the ball, as well as in the return game.
I have offers from:
Naval Academy
Military Academy
Air Force Academy
Three DII Offers
Measurables:
5'-11" | 178 lbs
40: 4.38 | 100m: 10.50 (fastest class of 2027 time in state and top 50 in nation)
GPA: 3.5 (Academic All State)
1,200 lb. Lift Club
I come from a proven football family with a long history of success at the college and professional levels, which has shaped my understanding of preparation,
accountability, and what it takes to compete at the next level.
My father, Scott Lockwood, was a multi 1st Team High School All-American RB and set Colorado’s All-time high school rushing record (87’) and was an NSCA All-
American and All-Pac-10 RB at USC before playing four seasons in the NFL after being drafted by the New England Patriots in 1992.
Our family has consistently produced college and elite-level athletes across multiple positions and sports reinforcing a strong foundation of football IQ, work
ethic, and long-term athletic development.
Football Lineage
John Lockwood Grandfather — LB, University of Colorado 61-62’/ USC 63-64’
Todd Lockwood Uncle — University of Texas, SWC Decathlon Champion, Olympic Trials Qualifier 93’
Parker Hammond Cousin — OT, Air Force Academy 19’
Michael Tilmon Cousin — DT, Stephen F Austin 25’
Beyond football, I have a strong commitment to community service, volunteering with Special Olympics and actively participating in my church youth group.
Academically, I maintain a 3.5 GPA with two honors classes and my DECA (business class) teammates and I won the State Championship this past sprong and
qualified to compete at Nationals.
Thank you for your time and considering me as a potential class of 2027 prospect.
Abbott Lockwood
Class of 2027 – Monarch HS (CO)
Abbottlock19@gmail.com
@Abbott_L_19
https://www.hudl.com/profile/19302929/ABBOTT-LOCKWOOD-19
Highlights
https://youtu.be/zGLzLkSkyLA?si=h4wafmJmeS6cB1YJ
Football Accomplishments
Unanimous 1st Team All-Conference Slot (4A League 1 North – Offense)
Max Preps 3 x Player of the Game
Prep RedZone Prospect List Colo
Six Star Football Prospect List Colo
CO Prep Top Offensive Athletes Colo
Polynesian Bowl National Combine Invite
SoCal Showcase Prospect Camp Invite
YAA Regional Exposure Camp Invite
Two-way Starter (Slot & DB) averaging 70+ snaps per game | 800+ total snaps team leader
Back-to-back undefeated 4A League 1 North Champions
2025 Season Stats (Only played past the 3rd quarter in 4 of 11 games)
Offense
639 total yards | 8 TD
1 TD every 5 touches*
21 knockdown blocks
Rushing
28 carries | 420 yards | 15.0 avg | 6 TD
Long runs: 94, 80, 62
Receiving
17 receptions | 219 yards | 13.0 avg | 2 TD
Long catches: 59, 36
Defense
33 tackles | 2 TFL | 1 INT | 6 PBU
Teams rarely threw the ball to my side of the field
Track & Speed
1st Team All State Track 100m 10.50 (2026)
10.50 PR in the 100m | top class of 2027 time in Colorado | Ranks tops 50 in nation
Invited to compete at NIKE OUTDOOR NATIONALS Eugene, OR (top 50 in nation 100m sprinters)
Invited to compete at UNDER ARMOUR NATIONALS @ IMG Academy, FL (top 50 in nation 100m sprinters)
School Record holder | 100m 10.50 | 200m 21.86 (2026)
All-State 2nd Team | 100m 10.88 as a sophomore (2025)
School record 4x100 relay | 41.92 (2025) | 8th place at the 5A State Meet (2025)
Academic / Leadership
Academic All-State | Honorable Mention Track & Football
3.5 GPA with four honors classes
Colorado DECA State Champion 2026 | qualified for Nationals
German Honor Society member
Active Volunteer with Special Olympics and my church youth group
I maintain a full-time weekend job


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Perrin Cunningham Offensive Line Coach from Licking Heights

2025 Interview with Carter Dreibelbis from Upper Dauphin (PA)

2024 Interview with QB/CB/P Brady Hyre from Harrison Central