2026 Getting to know Owen Pursley from Point Pleasant, WV
Name: Owen Pursley
School/town: Point Pleasant High School/ Point Pleasant WV
Positions played: C, OG, OT
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 5’11, 260
Jersey Number: 57
Awards won or earned: N/A
HUDL LINK: https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/2061971298910138368/F42-mTIR?format=jpg&name=800x419
Other sports played: Track
Please post something from last season that sticks out to you. It can be from a game, practice, or something funny on the bus ride to or from the game—any moment that sticks out to you.
We had a rough
season last year but something that sticks out to me was just laughing
with my friends in the locker room after practices
What will you miss the most from your teammates who just graduated?
I will miss their leadership.
What was the best part of the 2025 season?
The bus rides to away games
For an offensive lineman what is the worst weather to play in?
Rain, because I play center and it’s harder for me to snap the ball
Who is the toughest teammate to square up against during practice?
The quick ones
Do you feel that your teammates and yourself are role models to the younger kids who come and watch you play?
Yes
What is the best part of playing on the offensive line?
Getting to hit the snot out of people
What is the strength of your game?
My strength
How would you describe your style of play?
I play smart, and I’m strong, but I lack a little bit of physicality
With this being your final high school football season have you trained any differently than you have in the past?
Yes, my training has gotten better
Where should the state finals be?
Charleston, WV
Can you share with the readers some of the schools that you are hearing from?
Rio Grande, Pikeville, Gardner Webb
After the season is over what would it mean to you to be invited to the North/South game?
It would mean a lot to me. I’d be thrilled
What is your favorite type of music?
Hip Hop
Who is your favorite athlete?
Tavon Austin
Outside of sports what are you doing for fun?
Hanging out with friends, fishing, playing pickup basketball and playing pickleball


Comments