2025 Season ending interview with Amarie Garner from Columbus Whetstone
Name: Amarie Garner
School/town: Whetstone High School, Columbus, Ohio
Positions played: Wr/Db
Class: 2026
Height and Weight: 5’9", 150 lbs
Jersey Number: 2
Awards won or earned: Honorable mention, all city
HUDL LINK: https://www.hudl.com/profile/19713098/Amarie-Garner
Other sports played: bowling, basketball, and track
Please post something from last season that sticks out to you. It can be from a game, practice, or something funny on the bus ride to or from the game. Any moment that sticks out to you.
Leaving our rivals scoreless at the end of my senior year.
Who or what got you started playing football?
My coach, Hightower
What keeps you playing the game?
The comrade, the field gives
What makes you a good teammate?
I’m a great leader, and I treat my teammates how I want to be treated.
How important is it to you that the entire team gets along together both on and off of the field?
Very important: your team is all you have, so it’s good to be close.
Wide receiver or cornerback: which one do you feel you are better at?
I feel better at wide receiver, but I’m a better corner.
What is the strength of your game?
What has been your biggest moment as a high school football player?
Being able to read coverages quickly
Who was the best player that you have played against in a game, and what team was he on?
Henry Olinger on Grandview Heights
What was your most embarrassing moment as a high school football player?
Loosing my cool on the field and acting like a dummy.
What were your feelings as you walked off the field as the last time as a high school football player?
Sad because I will never be able to experience Friday Night Lights again.
What will you miss the most from playing high school football?
Definitely my teammates and coaches.
What was the biggest lesson that you have learned from playing sports?
How to be professional.
What are your plans after you graduate?
Going to college for football and sports management
What is your favorite sports movie?
My favorite sports movie is by far **Amateur*.
Have you watched any of the UFL games?
Yes, I've been to an Aviators game.

Comments