2024 interview with Ben Kauffman from Penncrest High School, (PA)


 

Ben Kauffman

Penncrest High School

Primary is DE, but also play OT, C, and LS.

2025

6’3” and 220 lbs.

College

I’m in the recruiting process.

What has been your biggest moment as a football player?

On fourth down, with the game on the line and the score at 6-7, we were in our own territory against Conestoga last year. We needed a crucial stop to secure the win, and we got it.

How long have you played the game?

I played one year of youth football and then picked football up again my freshman year. 

Who or what got you started playing the game?

My Dad. He played football in college and helped guide me and show me what it takes to play at the next level.

Defensive end or tight end, which position do you feel you are best at?

DE. I play DE and OT. Some colleges are looking at me as a TE since it’s not easy to find a strong blocking TE. I’m willing to play anywhere I can help a team.

Defensive end or tight end—which position is the hardest to prepare for? Explain.

DE due to the need to stay vigilant against numerous offensive plays that can catch you off guard and turn into big gains.

Who is the one teammate that goes 100 MPH no matter what the situation is at practice or in the game?

Kolby Poole. He is always competing with me during practice.

Who has been the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Eyan Thomas from Chichester High School.

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

Our first game of the year, as we hadn’t won against that team in years. Getting that win gave us a big confidence boost.

With this coming season being your final high school football season, have you prepared any differently? Explain.

No, not really. I have always prepared hard and practiced to play at the best of my ability because I know tomorrow isn't guaranteed.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

Team goal: for our team to have the best season in Penncrest history. Personally, to become All-State and be recognized as Delco Player of the Year.

Where should the state finals be held?

A location between Eastern and Western PA, like it is at Cumberland Valley. However, Penn State's Beaver Stadium would be a cool place to play for a state title.

After the season is over, if you get an invite to play in any of the all-star games, will you?

I would unless the coaches at the school I’d be playing at asked me not to.

The 2013 season was the last time that Penncrest finished the season with a winning record. What must the 2024 team do to end that streak?

Stay together and play like every play is our last play. Also, we’ve gotten better at getting everyone in the right place and doing the right thing. We have to keep striving for perfection in that.

Which game are you looking forward to the most?

Honestly, that week’s game is the one I’m looking forward to the most. Brick by brick.

If you could change one thing about high school football, what would you change and why?

I would incorporate the new NFL kick-off rule. I think it is safer for the players while allowing for potentially more big special team plays.

Who are your role models?

My neighbor, Mr. Gault. He is a great person who has taught me a lot of lessons and given me guidance that I carry with me every day. I hope to do the same when I get older.

What is your favorite class or subject?

Science 

What is your go-to snack?

Banana

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley