2024 Interview with Jude Blair from Bloom Carroll High School


 

Jude Blair

Bloom Carroll High

RB

2025

5’11 190

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

I’ve played football since I was about 3. What keeps me playing is that I just enjoy the game and want to play it in college. 

How did your 2023 track season go?

My 2023 track season had some ups and downs. We had really good relay teams, but my year was cut short with hamstring problems, so I didn’t get to run much.

Last season, you were close to 900 yards rushing with five touchdowns. What are your goals for the 2024 season? 

My goal would be to rush for 1500 yards. But I think as a team, we want to win the MSL and then win a state championship.

Bloom Carroll had another good season in 2023, going 10-3, including two playoff wins. Of the three games that you guys lost, which of those teams do you believe were the best? 

Personally, I don’t know. I just moved to Carroll during track season, so I didn’t get to play football at Carroll, so this will be my first and last season playing football at Carroll. 

Which part of your game is the strongest?

I would have to say my vision and ability to read a field. I think it helps get me to where I need to go and make the best decisions I can when running the ball.

Which part of your game do you feel you need to improve on to be a better player?

I would say that as of right now, my change of direction is lacking a little bit.

As an athlete, what has been the biggest moment? 

For me, it probably had to be running in a regional final in two relays my freshman year.

As an athlete, what has been your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment. I wouldn’t say it is super embarrassing, but more or less devastating would be when I partially tore my hamstring in my sophomore year of track.

After the season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the all-star games, will you? 

Maybe that would be a decision I would make if I was invited. I think it would be fun, but I also wouldn’t want to risk getting injured at an all-star game. 

Do you feel, as an athlete at a public school, that private schools have an advantage over public schools? Explain 

I think they definitely do, because a lot of them can recruit. but I think they lack the culture or bond that some public schools have because most people in the public schools you’ve grown up with.

Where should the state finals be held?

Canton

What is your game-day routine?

My game-day routine is that I like to get up early and get a nice breakfast in. Go to school, get my work done, and try to stay locked. After school, I like to listen to music before the game and just get mentally prepared.

Who is your favorite athlete?

I would say my favorite athlete is Christian McCaffrey. I just like the way he runs the ball.

Where is the best local spot to grab a bite?

Around Carroll I don’t really know; I just moved into the district this year, but I am a big fan of the subway near the school.

Who are your favorite and least favorite pro football teams? 

My favorite pro team is the Browns, and my least favorite is the Steelers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football