2024 Interview with Denzel Dean Richmond from Lutheran High School East


 

Denzel Richmond 

Lutheran High School East

Running black, linebacker, and defensive tackle 

2025 

5”11 225

With this being your last season playing high school football, have you found yourself preparing any differently?

Yes, I’ve been in the weight room a lot more and have definitely been working on my speed.

What did you learn about yourself in 2023 that you can use this season to be not only a better player but a better teammate?

Playmakers have to watch films. 24/7 film is key at the high school level.

What are you looking forward to this year as far as football goes?
 
I’m looking forward to being back with my brother, man. I’m ready to take on whatever comes our way.

What do you believe has been your biggest moment as an athlete in any sport, at any age?

I only lost maybe 10 games in my whole youth career.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My footwork is just crazy. Yes, I’m big, but I can move, and two of my feet will show you up.

Can you share with everyone any of the camps you have been to, as well as the biggest lesson you have learned from them?

I’ve been to Allegheny Camp, and I learned that coaches see everything.

In watching you, Hudl Packae, you seem to use a combination of power, speed, and almost snake like you slether out of the pile and pick up extra yards. Is there a running back at the pro or college level that you pattern your game after?

I see myself playing like Marshawn Lynch.

After the season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the after-season all-star games, will you?

Yes, I’ll definitely play.

Why should a college coach recruit you?

A college coach should recruit me because I would be a great leader on and off the field. He’ll be getting a well-minded student athlete also, and on top of that, he’s getting a great athlete. 

If you are hearing from any colleges, would you share with all of us one or two of them?
I’m hearing from schools like Mount Union, Theil, and a couple others.

What are your goals for the 2024 football season?

Well, when we talk about goals, I call them blessings, so whatever God has in store for me to achieve this season, it will be done. I leave everything up to my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Who are your role models?

My grandfather, many coaches, and high school coaches 

What is your favorite class or subject?
Science 

What is your go-to snack?

S



our candy strips

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley