2024 Interview with Northland Vikings QB Alex Neff


Alex Neff

Northland Highscool

QB

2025

5’10 187

What's the best part of playing for Coach Sayers?

The best part about playing for coach Sayers is his desire to not only win but to shape us into the best and guide us to becoming successful young men. He treats all of us like we’re one of his own children, and he makes sure we’re taken care of.

What was the high point of your 2023 season?

My high point of the 2023 season was our rivalry against ❌ Eechcroft, because the energy we had going into that game made me know that we were going out there to have a dog fight, and it especially made it my high point since I was able to have the game-winning touchdown to secure the city-north championship.

What things, including camps, have you done to better yourself as a player during the off-season?

Some of the things I have done this past off-season include watching  LOT of films of not only myself but of pro quarterbacks that are the same size as me and watching a lot of throwing mechanics videos to help me understand what I was specifically doing right or wrong. I’ve only been to 1 camp so far, and that was the YAA camp in March. I'm hoping to go out to a couple of July camps.

What part of your game must you improve on the most to be a better QB?

The main thing I need to work on as a QB is pocket movement and controlling the pocket so I can create windows for myself since I’m not 6’5.

What is the toughest part of your game?

The toughest part of my game is finding the motivation and discipline to give 100% every day because some days I don’t feel like doing anything, but that’s part of life, and I feel like I’m becoming very good at staying disciplined and consistent.

With this being your final high school football season, have you been preparing any differently than you have in the past? Explain

Yes, I’ve been getting work in as much as possible, like going to the field or gym when I have nothing else to do, watching films, and talking with my teammates so we can build that team chemistry and become more of a family. 

Which game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason why?

The game I'm most looking forward to next season is our first game against Walnut Ridge because we lost to them last year by one point, losing the chance to have a perfect season. I’m also looking forward to our game against ❌ Eechcroft since it’s going to be our senior night and it’s going to be at home.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Northland High School?

The best part of being a student athlete at Northland High School is how good the culture is, not only in sports but as students too. Personally, I think everybody wants everyone to succeed. Another great part is the staff being really in tune with the sports. I feel like that makes it more important since it feels like the school is invested in you as a person.

What is the toughest aspect of being a student-athlete?

I wouldn’t say there’s much of a tough aspect of being a student athlete since we have study tables after school, so we don’t have to go home after practice and worry about doing homework.

Where should the state finals be held?

I feel like the state finals should be held at Ohio Stadium; that would be the best option, in my opinion.

After the season is over, how important is it to you to have earned an invite to one of the all-star games so that you can showcase your talent against other all-stars?

It would be very important to me because a lot of the inner city doesn’t get looked at by a lot of colleges, so I feel like it would be a great way to get publicity for the inner city.

What is the toughest part of a Northland practice?

I would personally say the conditioning, coach sayers, and all the coaches always have something that will get us 1% better and shape us into athletes.

What is your favorite class or subject?

My favorite class was Anatomy and Physiology because the human body and mind are so interesting to learn about, and it’s cool to know what purpose everything has in your body.

Who are your role models?

One of my role models is my dad, because he has been one of the best teachers in my life. He helps the most when it comes to developing into a man. I also look up to Drew Brees because he was one of the most talented and accurate quarterbacks ever and because of his work ethic, so I look up to him as an athlete.

What is your favorite food to eat?

Anything with chicken in it, I love chicken.

 

 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley