2024 Interview with Patrick O’Brien from Archbishop Moeller High School


 

Name:Patrick O’Brien


School: Archbishop Moeller High School 

Positions played: offensive tackle

Graduating year:2027

Height and weight: 6'6” 260 lbs

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Archbishop Moeller High School?

The best part is the competitiveness in everything we do, paired with the brotherhood that is unlike any other school.

What was the high point of your 2024 season?

Winning the GCL in both football and basketball 

Which game are you most excited for this season? Explain

I’m personally excited to be playing at St. X again because of the energy and anticipation for that game, but playing at Princeton to open the season will be nuts.

Football or basketball—which one do you believe you are best at?

Right now, I think it’s close, but I would still give the edge to basketball (I played on an Adidas-sponsored team this spring). That could change in the upcoming years.

How long have you played football and basketball?

I have played basketball since I can remember, but I’ve actually only been playing football since last season. I went to Catholic grade school for 9 years, and I was always really big for my age; the league had weight limits, so I played other sports until my freshman year.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

Learn as much as possible from our seven senior O-linemen, get better every week, and win state. My two older brothers won rings at Moeller (golf and lacrosse), and I see their trophies in the case every day. It’s definitely motivating.

What is the toughest part of practice?

Going against our front seven, such as Thomas Gerke and Jonah Hayes

What is the toughest part of playing on the 
offensive line?

There are a lot of tough parts; I think the Oline guys are underappreciated sometimes because one mistake could cost a game, but if you make a game-winning play, most people wouldn’t even notice.

What is the most rewarding part of playing on the line?

Getting pancakes and scoring after a super long drive

What is the best advice that you have been giving when it comes to sports, and who gave you the advice?

My old travel team basketball coach told me that “if you’re not a dog, then you’re dog food.”

How do you recover from a bad game?

You just have to watch the film and move on.

Where should the state finals be held?

I think Ohio State would be cool and be on a more neutral site.

Have you been to a Bengals game?

Yes, I actually met Anthony Munoz last season, and I got to work the Sam Hubbard camp this summer and meet some players.

Who is your favorite athlete?

Lebron James or Darius Garland

What scares you?

Being average

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley