2024 Interview with Gavin Moore from Brooke High School (WV) and Washington and Jefferson  commit


 

Name:Gavin Moore

School:Brooke Highschool

Positions played: RB, LB, SS, WR

Graduating year:2024

Height and weight: 5'10, 180

College: Washington and Jefferson 

What will you miss the most about being a student-athlete at Brooke High School?

I will miss being on the same team with the teammates I have been playing with since primary school. 

What was your biggest memory as a football player at Brooke High School?

Junior year against Indian Creek, where I ran a sixty-yard touchdown to seal the game.

As an athlete, what was your most embarrassing moment? 

The most embarrassing moment will have to be losing to Weir.

What was the highlight of your 2024 season?

My highlight of the 2024 season was being able to show how much I really can contribute to the team by playing everywhere on the field and making more tackles and all-around yards than I had in my whole high school career.

Who was the best player that you faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

The best player I played against would be Gearre Hawkins Jr.; he plays for Wheeling Park.

What were your feelings as you walked off the field after your last game as a member of the Brooke High School football team?

I was very sad, and it all hit me at once, knowing it would be the last time I played with most of my teammates and my last time playing on that field.

Who was the toughest teammate to go up against in practice?

The toughest teammate to go up against in practice would be Tyler Wise.

Congrats on earning a spot in the North vs. . South game! How important was it for you to earn the invite?

It was very important to me to play with some of my teammates one last time, and all of my hard work paid off.

I have taken in a lot of all-star games, and fans, for the most part, seem to think that the players do not care as much as they should when it comes to winning the game. What are your thoughts on that?

I think the players should care and play as hard as any other game to show what they are capable of against new teams.

If you have free time at college, will you come back to watch a Brooke game?

If I have free time at college, I would love to come to watch each sport I play, such as football, wrestling, and baseball.

Would you share with everyone a few schools that recruited you?

The schools that recruited me were Denison, Waynesburg, Bethany, Marietta, Allegheny, West Minster, and Geneva.

What made you pick Washington and Jefferson?

What made me pick Washington & Jefferson was their winning culture, the coaches, and how close it was to home.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley