2024 Interview with Brent Thompson from Gamble Montessori and Central State Commit
Brent Thompson
Gamble Montessori
RB/LB
2024
Central State University
What are you going to miss the most about not only playing football for Gamble Montessori High School but attending there as well?
I'm going to miss all the relationships I built with the younger classes; the high school will always be like family to me, and I will forever be happy to be a gator!
What mark do you believe your class left on the program?
I believe we set a high bar for the youth to come up in a positive way; we left a tough act to follow!
Who was the best player you ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?
The best overall player I would say I ever faced would have to be Aaron McFarlan Jr. at Taylor High School. His potential is limitless, and for a young player, he torched us two years in a row. That kid has a bright future, and I sure have so much respect for his game!
Who was the best team you ever faced, along with what made them so good?
The best team I ever faced would have to be the Taylor Yellow Jackets. What made them so good was that they always stuck with their stuff, never got scared of anything, and would always air it out, no matter what!
As a high school football player, what was your biggest accomplishment?
My biggest accomplishment was becoming the all-time leading rusher at my high school. There were a lot of talented players who played before me, and it was such a blessing to be at the top of the list, hopefully for a while!!
What was the biggest lesson that playing sports has ever taught you that you can use later in life?
The biggest lesson taught me that the moments you share together with your teammates, even from Pop Warner, last a lifetime; rather, 2 years from now or 20 years from now, you will forever have a brotherhood!
As a 6-0, 225-pound running back, what type of back would you describe yourself as?
I would describe myself as a running back who can do it all. I can run by you as easily as I can run you over! I'm the perfect running back in any system!!
Is there a college or pro running back that you pattern your game after?
I would say my idol has forever been Marshawn Lynch; that's who I've always been compared to! We both run with such power, force, and speed! We’re a force to be reckoned with!
All-star games used to be such a big deal, almost an honor for the player. If you are invited to play in one, will you? Why or why not?
I would 100% play in one. It's a great opportunity to play with the best and against the best! It’s a great chance to prove myself as one of the top players to come around!
Would you share with everyone some of the colleges that recruited you?
Yes, going into my junior year, I had a lot of MAC schools recruiting—no crazy power 5s or anything—but when the portal opened up, I lost contact with all the schools, so mainly I started getting hit up by NAIA’s like Marian University, Concordia University, and a lot of D2s like The University of Findlay, Thomas Moore University, Livingstone University, etc.
What made you decide on Central State?
I decided on Central State because when I went to visit, the school felt like home overall; the coaching staff and the players all felt like family to me, and thats what I was really looking for, and they just checked all the boxes when it came down to financials!
What was the best and worst part of the recruiting process?
The worst part of the recruiting process was the end of my junior year! It was a real mental game at that point. I saw a lot of players from bigger schools getting offers that I felt like I should’ve been giving, but that was a terrible mindset to have, and it was just a mental battle. The best part of the recruiting process was December of my senior year. I accumulated 23 college offers in just that month alone. It was all so great, and I felt so blessed to be in that situation!!
Who is your favorite athlete?
My favorite athlete would have to be LeBron James!
What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is Hamburger Helper (aka the greatest thing ever created!).
What scares you?
Nothing scares me; I only fear God�.🏾



Comments