2024 Interview with up and coming Xavier Hunter from Columbus East

 


Name: Xavier Hunter

School: Columbus East

Positions played: RT/DE

Class: 2025

What is it like to play for Coach Bell?

Honestly, it’s great to play for Coach Bell; he’s teaching me and my teammates how to become better football players and better young people and teaching us good things to know in the future.

You are listed as a tight end and a defensive end. Of the two positions, which do you feel you are best at?

Defensive end for sure, but I feel like I have more potential at tight end.

Of the two positions that you are listed as playing, which one is the toughest to prepare for? Explain

I played offensive tackle during the season, and I would say that’s the hardest position to prepare for because you have to come out with the mindset to just be nasty and dominate.

What was it like to get that long-awaited win over Beechcroft?

The win over Beechcroft was one of the best nights of my life because me and my teammates worked so hard over the summer to get that win over Beechcroft. I'm just happy our hard work paid off.

Who was the best team you have ever played against, and what made them so good?

The best team I ever played for was probably Steubenville High School; they were so big, strong, and fast.

It seems like most of the Columbus City League schools have small rosters. As a player, what do you do to try and get some of your classmates to join the team?

I would tell my classmates that football can make friendships and brotherhoods for life, and it feels good to be on a winning football program like East High School.

What are you doing during the off-season to try and improve your game?

Yes, the way I’m improving my game is by staying in the weight room and speed training to be quicker on the field.

Have you heard from any colleges yet about playing at the next level? If so, could you name some of the schools that are recruiting you?

Yes, I am talking to Westminster University; so far, that’s my only college interest. So far, I have a visit there on March 18th.

What is the best and hardest part of playing high school football?

The best part about playing high school football is spending time with teammates and playing on Friday nights. The worst part, I would probably say, is running after long 3-hour practices.

If you could pick any stadium in the nation to play a football game in, where would it be, along with the reason you want to play a game there?

The stadium I would always want to play in is the Big House. Michigan is my dream school.

The East Tigers have had back-to-back winning seasons. What will it take for the Tigers to not only make it three seasons in a row but to make a deep playoff run in 2024?

The way we can make it to a high level again is through hard work and dedication, just working on our craft every single day, building trust for each other, and getting chemistry for one another.

What was the last book you read along with the author?

The last book I read was The Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney.

X-Box or Play Station?

Play Station for Life.

What is your favorite meal, and who cooks it the best?

My favorite meal is my mom’s steak and shrimp.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football