2026 Getting to know Desmond Jackson from Licking Heights
Name: Desmond Jackson
School/town: Licking Heights High School / Pataskala, Ohio
Positions played: Wide Receiver
Class: 2027
Height and Weight: 5’8”, 165 lbs.
Jersey Number: 19
Other sports played: Basketball
Twitter Handle: @DezJackson2027
Hudl Link: https://www.hudl.com/profile/16166462/Desmond-Jackson
What has been the biggest adjustment that you have had to make with the new coaching staff?
The
biggest adjustment has been that I can’t slack off. The coaches expect
us to stay focused and give maximum effort every day, so I’ve had to be
more consistent and accountable.
What are your goals for the season?
My goal is to help my team have a winning record and do whatever I can to contribute to our success.
What were the first words Coach Sayers said to you?
“You’re a great player. That’s why we need you here.”
With this being your final high school football season, are you approaching things with more urgency? Explain.
I
wouldn’t say I’m approaching things with more urgency. I’m just trying
to enjoy every moment and make the most of my final season without
taking anything for granted.
What has been the biggest lesson that you have learned from playing football?
The
biggest lesson I’ve learned is that you can’t do everything by
yourself. Football is a team game, and everyone has to do their job for
the team to succeed.
As a wide receiver, which type of cover man do you like going up against the most?
I
always like going against man coverage. In my opinion, linebackers
can’t keep up with wide receivers, so I like those matchups.
Grass or turf?
Turf. I like how much faster the game feels on it.
Would you rather kick off the season against your rival or face them in the final week of the regular season?
I’d
rather play them in the final week of the regular season. It makes the
game mean more and gives both teams something to play for.
How would you explain your game?
I’d describe my game as fast, shifty, and smart. I do what’s necessary to help the team win, and I don’t try to do too much.
What is the strength of your game?
My speed, route running, and my ability to go up and make plays on the football.
Can you share with the readers any offers you have, along with some of the colleges that you are hearing from?
I have an offer from Ohio Northern University and currently I’m talking to 4 other coach’s
After the season is over, if you have earned an invite to any of the after-season all-star games, will you play?
Yes.
If I earn an opportunity to play in an all-star game, I’ll definitely
play. I think it would be a lot of fun and a great way to end my high
school football career.
What toppings go on your pizza?
Pepperoni.
What is your favorite class or subject?
Math.
Did you watch any of the UFL games?
No, I did not.
Post
anything from last season that sticks out to you the most. It can be
from a practice, a game, or the bus ride to or from the game. Any one
moment that sticks out to you.
One moment that sticks out to me
the most was seeing how our team stayed together through the ups and
downs of the season. It reminded me how important it is to trust your
teammates and keep competing no matter what.



Comments