2026 Softball interview with Logan Donaldson from Jonathan Alder High School


 

Name: Logan Donaldson

School/town: Jonathan Alder High School, Plain City, Ohio

Positions played: shortstop, catcher, utility 

Class of 2029

Height: 5’7

Jersey Number: 11 

Awards won or earned:

Lettered as a freshman for basketball

Selected for the USA HPP national event in Vero Beach, FL

Ranked 15th in the top 100 infielders by LineDrive Media

Ranked 6th overall in the top 100 Midwest LineDrive Media

Prep softball top Ohio prospects 2029 class

HUDL LINK or Social Media:

Twitter: @lodonaldson_29

Other sports played: basketball, volleyball

Please post something from last season that sticks out to you. It can be from a game, practice, or something funny on the bus ride to or from the game. Any moment that sticks out to you.

My first time at an LSU camp, and I hit a few home runs off of Beth Tornia in front toss. I didn’t even know until they told me. 

What are your goals for the season?

My personal goal for this season is to break the school record of most steals in a season and in a high school career. 

What goals are you setting for the team?

I want us to compete for a conference title and make a strong tournament run. Most importantly, I want us to stay close as a team, build off each other, push together every day, and have fun. 

What was the highlight of the 2025 season?

The highlight of the 2025 season was going to Florida for the national USA HPP event and playing with so many great players and being challenged and seeing that I can play at the top level. 

What was the toughest part of the 2025 season?

The toughest part of the 2025 season was getting a concussion diving back into second and being out for the rest of the summer season.

What did you accomplish during the off-season to improve your game?

During the off-season I really focused on hitting away and my timing, arm care with PVS Baseball, and gaining rotational strength in the weight room.

What is the strength of your game?

The strength of my game is my defense: range, quick reaction time, footwork, exchange time, arm velocity, and use of arm angles on defense.

What is your favorite part of practice?

My favorite part of practice is “reps” (This is where we get ground balls and just get in good fundamentals and reps).

Another one of my favorites is just having fun with my friends while doing the sport I love.

Who is the best pitcher that you have faced in a game, as well as the team she was on?

That's a hard question. I see such good pitching through our tournament schedule, but at the USA HPP national event, I got the chance to face multiple amazing pitchers, including Jenna Mannon, Maci Barns, Addison Otto, Leona Eichholz, and Charity Dunn. I’ve also faced Sophia Schlader.

With Ohio having such cold weather in March, should the season start later? 

In Ohio the volleyball and softball seasons should be switched. So softball should be played in the fall. 

What is the biggest lesson that you have learned from playing sports?

The biggest lesson I have learned is to let go of the negatives and the positives—don't get hung up on what you accomplished yesterday. What am I going to do today? And to just be a goldfish. Meaning you can’t let the errors or mistakes bother you—let it go quick.

Should every team make the tournament?

Yes, every team should have some type of chance.

Where should the state finals be held?

The state finals should be held in a big softball stadium somewhere in central Ohio.

What scares you?

Bugs, jumping bugs

Who is your favorite athlete?

Sis Bates is my favorite athlete.

What is your favorite class or subject?

Social Studies




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Perrin Cunningham Offensive Line Coach from Licking Heights

2024 Interview with QB/CB/P Brady Hyre from Harrison Central

2025 Interview with Carter Dreibelbis from Upper Dauphin (PA)