2024 In-Season interview with Hunter Smart from Austintown Fitch

 


Hunter Smart

Austintown Fitch High School 

Long Snapper

2025

5’11

165

What have you learned about your team during the season that you did not know during summer workouts and practices?

This team can turn the switch on and off and is more aggressive.

What has been the best part of the season so far?

When our kicker Anthony Ruggles made a 50-yard field goal against Massillon Perry

What has been the most disappointing part of the season so far?

The most disappointing part of the season was our loss to Ursline week 6.

The Falcons stand at 6-2 after eight weeks. What must you guys do to finish strong and set yourself up for a successful playoff run?

We must cut down on the mental mistakes on offense and defense and be better in the secondary defense.

What got you into long snapping?

When I was younger, I played flag football, and I was the center for my team, so when high school football came and I was too small to be a center, I wanted to be a long snapper because I enjoyed snapping the ball.

How long have you been a long snapper?

I’ve been a long snapper since my freshman year in high school.

What is the toughest part of being a long snapper?

The consistency and pressure of always being perfect 

Who has been the best team that the Falcons have faced this season, along with the things that made them so good?

Ursuline was the hardest team we played for how hard they played and their ability to not make mistakes.

What do you do during the game to keep you ready to do your job?

I start long snapping on 2nd and 3rd down, and whenever we are inside the 30th, I start short snapping.

How often do you get to work with the holder and kicker during practice?

We get to work on our operation 3 times during the week, and punt is 4 times a week.

If you are invited to play in any of the all-star games after the season, will you?

Yes, it would be a great opportunity to play with all sorts of amazing athletes and get to showcase my skills.

Can you share with everyone any of the schools that you are being recruited by?

I’ve been talking to Toledo, YSU, Ball State, Grove City, and Mount Union.

What is your favorite class or subject?

My favorite subject in school is math.

Who is your favorite athlete?

My favorite athlete is Rob Grownkowski.

What is your favorite type of music?

My favorite type of music is rap.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley