2024 Interview with Roy Simmons from Malvern High School


 

Roy Simmons 

Malvern High School

Slot wr/Cb 

2026

5’6/150

Who or what got you started playing football?

Prime Cam Newton and Johnny Manziel 

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I've played since I was 4, and it’s just something that I can use to get my mind off everything else. 

What were the high and low points of the 2023 season? 

The lowest point of last year was losing in the playoffs, and the highest part was winning vs. Green late in the season.

What do you feel is the strongest part of your game? 

Having the ball on the open field and using my exclusiveness 

Which part of your game must you improve on the most to become a better player? 

Something I could get better at is blocking.

What makes you a good teammate?

I’m going to go 100% every play, and I’ll pick up my teammates when they need it. 

Who is the one teammate who will do something funny to get a laugh when things are a little tense? 

Julius Gore or Rodney Smith 

As an athlete, what has been your biggest moment? 

Making a big play catch late in the game vs. green Last year was one of my best moments.

As an athlete, what has been your most embarrassing moment? 

Getting hit big right in front of the student section 

What are your goals for the 2024 season? 

10-0 as a team, 1,000 reviving yards, multiple kick/punt return touchdowns, and being an All-Ohio player 

Which game are you looking forward to the most?

I’m looking forward to Garaway Week the most to show we really can play with anybody and the top team in our division.

Would you rather play your rival to kick off the season or end the season with them? Explain

End of the season with them because you get the buildup over the whole season.

What are your favorite and least favorite types of music?

My favorite is rap, and my least favorite is rock and roll.

What is your go-to snack?

Reese’s cups 

Who are your role models?

Tank Dell and Davonte Adams


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football