2024 Interview with Ethan Thanthanavong from Bloom-Carroll


Ethan Thanthanavong

Bloom-Carroll

 

Quarterback

2025

6’0 190

What is the toughest part of practice?

I would say going against our defense in our team period

Which part of practice is your favorite?

7 on 7 because it helps me go through my progressions better.

What did you learn about yourself during the 2023 season that you will be able to use this year to be a better player?

That having composure keeps you mentally sharp as well as your team.

What were the high and low points of the 2023 season?

High points: beating Jackson in the playoffs
Low points: losing to Hamilton and Watterson

With this being your final high school football season, have you found yourself preparing differently? Explain

I’ve definitely worked harder this off-season than I ever have before, so I’m hoping it all shows this year.

As an athlete, what has been your biggest moment in any sport at any age?

Definitely, throwing a touchdown in the state championship is something I will never forget.

You are coming off a season that saw you throw for over 2,000 yards with 29 plus touchdowns, and you added four rushing scores to that. What are your goals for the 2024 season?

First, to win the state championship, and then, individually, I want to be the Division 3 All-Ohio Offensive Player of the Year.

What is the strongest part of your game?

I would say my accuracy and ability to lead 

What have you been able to accomplish during the off-season that will allow you to be a better player and teammate?

I worked super hard, and I feel like my teammates have seen that, so I think they have put their trust in me, and being a team captain last year also built the foundation of my team trusting me.

Would you rather open your season with your rival or close out the season against them? Explain

Close out against them because I want to play them at their best, and we want to be at our best as well.

After the season is over, if you have earned an invite to any of the all-star games, will you play?

It depends on how I’m feeling after the season, but I definitely will look into it if I do get any invites.

Can you share some of the colleges you are hearing from?

I’ve heard from some of the MAC schools and some FCS schools, but other than that, it’s been a couple of D2 schools like Ohio Dominican, Uindy, etc.

What is your favorite type of music?

Gospel music

Have you ever gone to a Columbus Clippers game?

I’ve been to a couple of games, and they are pretty fun to watch.

What is the one sport you cannot watch on TV?

I would say golf.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football