2024 Interview with two-way lineman Daniel Medinger from Rock Hill


 

Name:Daniel Medinger

School:Rock Hill

Positions played: offensive tackle, guard, and center. On Defense: Tackle, Nose Guard

Class:2026

What makes playing for Rock Hill so special?

The community. They show up every Friday and support us. That jersey means something when you represent these people. You can feel it. Also, most of the guys that play have all played together since grade school.

Which side of the line is the toughest to play?

Both have their challenges. The matchup also has a lot to do with that. I like playing both, but I enjoy the offensive side the most.

Which side of the line do you believe you are best at?
Offensive side, in my opinion.

What do you feel that you need to improve on the most to be a better player this coming season?

Footwork and pass sets. There is always room to improve.

What have you been doing during the off-season to become a better player?
 
Daily workouts, attending camps, and combining. Outside of regular workouts, I've been working on a farm. Putting in a lot of hard work in the heat. It's good for me.

Who is the team you most want to beat, along with the reason why?

Minford, it's our first game. I try to put the focus on the next game, so it would be Minford.

Which away stadium is the toughest to play in?

They are all fun. I enjoy the challenge of playing on the road in tough environments. It is hard to pick the toughest.

Who is the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Jackson Reifenschneider is from Garaway. I have a lot of respect for him.

Which type of lineman is the hardest to go up against?

I can't give away that info....lol

What were your goals entering the 2023 season, and were you able to achieve them?

We were able to meet some goals, like qualifying for the playoffs, but we as a team would like to check more off the list this year.

Where should the state finals be held?

Wherever is fine with me, but Rock Hill has a nice ring to it.

How long have you played football, and what keeps you playing?

This is my 12th year playing football (I started in kindergarten). I love everything about it. The ultimate team sport. The heat in August will test you mentally and physically.

Who is your favorite athlete?

John Daly

Who are your favorite and least favorite college football teams?

Ohio State is my favorite, and of course, Michigan is my least favorite.

Do you read or post on OVATHLETICS, SOUTHEASTERNOHIOPREPS, or http://YAPPI.COM?

No, I stay away.

 

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley