2024 Interview with Senior Ethan Couch from Tippecanoe High School


 

Ethan Couch

Tippecanoe High School

Defensive End and Wide Receiver

2025

6’3 205

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

To win a league title for ourselves this year and possibly a state championship.

When the team messes up at practice, what does your coach say?

Our coaches care a lot about our players, and if someone makes a mistake, they take their time to correct and perfect it. A big thing our coach likes to say is “so what next play?” to help us not get in our heads too much about a mistake.

Wide receiver or defensive end—which position do you enjoy playing more?

I really enjoy playing wide receiver, but defensive end also has a special place in my heart because of the amount of preparation I put in weekly to be ready for each game.

Wide receiver or defensive end—which position is the hardest to prepare for?

Defensive end seems to be a tougher position to game plan for because our game plan switches up every week due to various offenses we see.

Have you attended any camps to improve your game during the off-season? Also, name the camps, if you have any.

I went to a few camps this offseason, including Tiffin University, Thomas More, and SVSU, where I learned a lot from Coach Mason, their wide receiver coach.

What is the strongest part of your game?

Using my speed to my advantage at the defensive end, I’m not the biggest guy in the world, so being able to beat the tackle off the ball is key to getting a sack or tackle for loss.

How would your teammates describe you?

Driven, hardworking, and an outgoing teammate, making sure everyone is pushing themselves daily and staying focused on the task at hand.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of not having your stadium on school grounds?

The only disadvantage I see with our stadium not being on school grounds is that we have to make a short drive down to it. I feel that our stadium is very unique and separates us from every other high school.

Who is the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Jake Wheelock, who was the left tackle for Stebbins High School, committed to play at the University of Cincinnati.

Where should the state finals be held?

I think the state finals game should continue to be played at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton because it is a beautiful stadium.

With this being your final high school season, have you found yourself preparing any differently than you have in the past?

I found myself focusing more on the little things as our coach preached to us every day. Football is a craft, and I want to perfect it.

After the season is over, if you earn a bid to any of the all-star games, will you play in them?

Yes, I would love to have one last high school football game with some of my teammates and the best players in the area.

Have you been to a Dayton University football game?

I have not.

What was the last book you read, along with the author?
 

 One flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey

Where is the best mom-pop place to grab a meal?

Sam and Ethel’s


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley