2024 Interview with Alex Marcum from Gahanna


 

Alex Marcum

Gahanna Lincoln 

OG/DT

2026

6’0 280

Gahanna had one of the best lines I have ever watched at the high school level. What were the biggest lessons you learned from the 2024 class?

The most important thing is to play as one unit. Football will never be an individual sport, and the Oline needs to be tightly bonded and trust each other because trust is what moves the football.

What are your personal goals for the season?

#1 first team, all O.C.C.
#2: No sacks

What goals will you set for the team?

O.C.C champions 
Regional champions
STATE champions 

What has been your biggest moment on the football field?

Beating Pick North for the O.C.C. championship still feels like a dream, and as a unit, we played almost the perfect game.

How did your wrestling season go?

It went way better than I expected. I went 41-11 and was a district qualifier, and this year I will work my buttocks to be a state qualifier.

Wrestling or football—which one is the toughest to prepare for?

Football is harder to prepare for because there are so many attributes that come into play, such as play calling and other teammates performances. It’s a much more complex sport.

Would you rather play your rival in the opening week or in week ten? Explain

This is a very hard question, but I think week 10 is important because each team should have found out their roster and game schemes by then, and both teams are itching for the playoffs. I think it’s more of a competitive game.

Run blocking or pass blobking—which is harder for you to do?

Not to be cocky, but neither. I work great at both. I prefer run blocking because I get to open up holes for the running back, and there is no better feeling than seeing the running back takeoff from behind you.

The Lions have been so close to getting to the state final game. What will the 2024 team have to do better this season to achieve that goal?

More teamwork, all though I love my boys who graduated; some of them cared a lot more about themselves than they did the team, and I think that’s what cut them short, but I feel something different about this team. There is a lot of hunger because we want success.

Where should the state finals be held?

I think Canton is a great and cool spot.

What camps have you gone to so far, along with the biggest things you are learning at them?

I have been to OU/Costal Carolina so far, and I still have some more I want to schedule, and I have been learning a lot of new things, such as hand placement and how to really run your hips into a block.

The recruiting "thing" is going well for you. Could you share the offers you have and maybe add a school or two that is also looking at you?

Right now, I don’t have any offers, but that doesn’t discourage me at all. I think I am one of the best players in central Ohio, and I think a lot of schools will come to realize that very soon.

Two of your coaches, along with the head coach at Northland, have a solid podcast, 614 Headsets. Do you listen to it?

I am a big fan of the podcast Coach Stout and Coach White made. I occasionally listen to them, but I think they have been very productive for the little time they have been around. I think they always have a lot of fun guests on there.

What sides do you eat with your steak?

Fries all thought I wasn't much of a steak guy.

Have you ever watched the show All-American, which is based on the life of former NFL player Spencer Paysinger?

I watched the first season, but it got too far away from football and became more political, so I kind of lost interest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley