2024 Interview with Taryn Tackett from Boyd County High School

 


Name:Taryn Tackett 

School: Boyd County High School

Positions played: left guard/defensive tackle 

Graduation year:2026

Height and weight: 6'3 250


I will be covering your grid game this season. As a player, what are you hoping to get out of the game?

I am hoping to get better as a player and see what weaknesses I may have as my team gets better.

How important is it for the team to be able to have a grid game?

It is very important to have a grid game so you can get better and see what you have to work on before the season starts.

In watching some of your Hudl tape, one thing that sticks out is your power. What all do you do to make you such a strong lineman?

Staying in the weight room consistently and having a good workout routine.

What makes a good lineman?

For me, I think my footwork and toughness make me a good lineman.

Do you feel you are better on the offensive or defensive lines?

Offensive 

Who is the toughest teammate to square up against in practice?

I would say Nate Manning; he’s very fast and strong, so you have to be fast and play smart when going against him.

What is the toughest part of a Boyd County practice?

I would say the two practices a day that start at 7 a.m. for a week straight are the toughest part.

What is the best part of your game?

The best part of my game is run-blocking.

What part of your game must you improve the most?

Going to the next level to pick up a linebacker when running the ball.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Boyd County High School?

The best part is that you always feel welcomed by the principals, coaches, and teachers, and it’s just an all-around good school to be at.

What is the toughest part of being a student-athlete?

Keeping up with school work and practices, some times I don’t get home till 9 or 10 at night, so I just have to have a good mental mindset.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

To win a state championship and to get a college football scholarship.

Have you ever been to a Kentucky Christian football game?

No, I haven’t been to one yet.

What was the last book you read, along with the author?

Friday night lights, Buzz Bissinger.

What is your favorite sports movie or show?

Remember the Titans?

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley