2024 Interview with the tackling machine known as Jacob Savage from Ryle H/S (KY.)


 

Jacob Savage

Ryle High School

LB/RB/LS

2026

6’1.5, 219lbs

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’ve been playing for 8 years, and it is the number 1 team sport where everyone has a role, which is why it’s so amazing.

Would you rather play your rival on opening night or the last week of the season? Explain

Last week of the season because everyone is at its best.

What was the highlight of the 2023 season?

The highlight of the 2023 season was when our team won six games in a row and made it to the state quarterfinals.

What was the low point of the 2023 season?

Starting the season 2-4 even though we knew we were better and should’ve won the games

Where on the field do you believe you are best?

I’m best at linebacker, but I love playing anywhere.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My strongest part of my game is tracking the ball carrier fast and having the tackling ability to bring them down.

If I read your stats correctly, you had 163 tackles. How much time will you spend in the film room learning the tendencies of your opponents?

I spend many hours a week studying by myself and with my coaches, finding little tendencies to help give us an advantage on the play and the offense.

Who is the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

The best player I’ve played against was Aba Selm for Simon Kenton; his size and speed were definitely impressive, and I learned a lot playing against him.

Which teammate is most likely to do something to get the team laughing when things are going tough at practice?

I’d say Drake Meadows is a jokester and gets the team laughing at certain times.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goal for 2024 is to win a state championship and break the tackle record at Ryle.

Can you share some of the camps you have attended, along with the biggest lesson you have learned from the camps?

I attended six camps in 2024, which included Kentucky, Louisville, Indiana, Ohio, and Miami, Ohio. What’s stood out at camps is being coachable; always pay attention to their feedback and improve on it right away.

I know you are doing well as far as recruiting goes. Would you share with the readers some of the schools that you have offers from?

I have five scholarship offers as of right now. They are Louisville, Indiana, Ohio, Miami, Ohio, and EKU.

Have you ever watched the show All-American, which is based on the life of former NFL player Spencer Paysinger?

I have never watched All American.

Where is the best local mom-and-pop place to grab a bite?

My favorite place to eat around here is Knuck-N-Futz, which has amazing wings and fries.

Have you ever gone to a Florence Y'alls game?

Unfortunately, I  have never been to a Y’all’s game but definitely will in the near future.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley