2024 Interview with Tabor Tackett from West Carter (KY)

Action 

 

Name
Tabor Tackett

School
West Carter

Positions played
DE, DT, LT

Graduating year
2026

Height and weight
6’2” 270 lbs

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I have played football for around 12–13 years now. I continue to play because of my love for the game and the enjoyment I get out of it.

What is it like to play for Head Coach Daniel Barker?

It’s a great experience. He’s a fantastic head coach who cares deeply about not only the performance of the team and its individuals but also for each of the players personally. I don’t have a bad thing to say about it.

What is the best part of playing on the defensive line?

The best part of playing defensive line for me is how impactful you can be on the game. A good defensive line can be a true home wrecker on an offense. 

What is the toughest part of being on the line?

The toughest part of trench life for me is the physicality of it. It is a very violent place, which in turn puts a lot of wear and tear on your body. However, that’s not to say I don’t love it.

Most people who follow football have some understanding that the game is won or lost on the line. As a lineman, how personally do you take a loss?

I take all losses personally, as I hate to lose, but some games I take more personally than others. As the saying goes, any game is won or lost in the trenches. 

Who is the toughest teammate to go against in practice?

The toughest teammate for me personally to go against is Ethan Bledsoe. He’s a great player who plays very physically as well as being pretty quick off the line.

As a player, how important is the grid game for you?

It’s pretty important to me, as it’s the first time of the season you get to play in a real game. It lets you know where you’re at as a player for the upcoming season and what you need to improve upon. 

What is the best part of your game?

I think the best part of my game is the physicality I play with. I pride myself on being a very gritty and tough player who doesn’t miss any snaps.

Which part of your game must you improve on the most to be a better player?

I think the biggest aspect of my game that I lack is speed. It definitely wouldn’t hurt anything to be a bit faster.

As an athlete, in any sport, what has been your biggest moment?

I think the biggest moment of my athletic career so far was either my first home run this past season in baseball or my first sack my freshman year of football vs. Fleming County. 

As an athlete, in any sport, what has been your most embarrassing moment?

I would say just anytime I get pancaked in general or fall off the mound when pitching.

I know it is a little early, but are you hearing from any colleges? If so, would you name one or two of them?

I’ve been in talks with a couple of people from different schools, but it’s nothing too major. 

What is your favorite type of music?

I would say either 90s grunge rock or country.

Have you watched any of the UFL games?

I have kept up with it on social media, but I haven’t actually watched any games. 

What is your go-to snack?

Definitely Gold Fish or Cheez-it snack mix.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley