2024 Interview with quarterback Michael Corcoran from Williamsburg


 

Michael Corcoran

School

Williamsburg High School 

Positions played

QB

Graduating year

2025

Height and weight

6’3 200

You play football, baseball, and basketball. Could you list how long you have played each sport?

I have been playing football since I was in kindergarten. I’ve been playing baseball since 5th grade. I have been playing basketball since 1st grade.

Of the three sports you play, which one are you hoping to play in college?

Football, That’s been my dream since I was little—to go to the next level in football.

What is the toughest defense for you to face in a game?

Cover 4 defense.

What is the toughest part of practice?

The toughest part is the practice ending.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete, in any sport?

Throwing my first touchdown against Little Miami my sophomore season.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

Throwing my first pick six against Winton Woods my sophomore season. It was a very humbling experience.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My arm strength and the ability to stretch the field. 

What part of your game do you improve on the most to be a better quarterback?

I want to improve on being a better running quarterback.

Could you list some of the camps you have attended, along with the biggest things you have learned from the camps?

I have been to Toledo, Thomas More, and Cumberlands. The biggest thing I have learned from the camps is pocket movement and being able to manipulate the pocket when it’s needed.

With this being your final high school football season, have you found yourself preparing any differently?

Yes, I have. Football has been on my mind 24/7, and knowing that it’s my final season, I have to make every rep count in practice and in the weightroom.

After the 2025 season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the all-star games, will you?

Yes, most definitely.

If you are hearing from any colleges, would you name the college and the sport they are recruiting you for?

I have heard from the Center, Mount Saint Joseph, Thomas More, and Heidelberg University. They are all for football.

Did you watch any of the UFL games?

No, I have not, but I’ve heard it’s very fun to watch. I’ll have to check it out.

What is your favorite class or subject?


My favorite class is history.

What is the one food you cannot eat?

I cannot eat goat cheese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley