2024 Interview with a very confident Gavin Johnson from Hazard High School (KY)

 


Gavin Johnson 

Hazard High School

WR/SS

2027 

6’1 185 

What will your personal goals for the 2024 season be?

Win a state championship with the kids I’ve been playing with since I was in 3rd grade.

What is the strongest part of your game?

I’d say being able to high-point deep balls out wide 

Which game are you looking forward to the most this season, along with the reason why?

We are playing Pikeville because they are the defending state champions, and I feel like it’s going to be a statement to the entire state when we beat them.

In watching some of your HUDL highlights, I like how you get North and South when you are returning kickoffs. Is there a pro or college returner that you pattern that part of your game from?

Barion Brown from my home state college team, Kentucky, is going back and watching his highlights after every game.

Again, watching your Hudl stuff, you seem to make it look easy to catch the ball in tight coverage. What all goes into making it look so easy?

I’ve been practicing hard catches like the ones I make now since I was a little kid.

Where on the field do you consider to be your best spot?

Wide receiver 

What was the highlight of your 2023 season?

Scoring my first varsity touchdown

What did you learn about yourself during the last season that you can use this season to be more successful?

No matter how your season goes, just keep working, and it’s all going to work out.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Hazard High School?

Me and the entire team are like family.

What is the toughest part of being a student-athlete at Hazard High School?

Trying to still balance being a kid while working as hard as I can in the classroom and football 

What is the worst weather to play in?

Rain because it’s harder to catch balls and move.

What is your favorite part of practice? 

1on1

If you could pick another time period to live in, when would it be, along with the reason?

The 90s because everything in the world was in a better place than it is now.

Outside of sports, what do you do for fun?

I like to fish with friends and train with my trainer Brecken Harvey.

What was the last book you read, along with the author? 

Never finished: David Goggins


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School