2024 Interview with "STRONG MAN" Dominic Winton from Centennial High School


 

Name: Dominic Winton

School: Centennial High School

Positions played: DE and OL

Graduating year: 2026

Height and weight: 280 lbs, 6’3”

What will you miss the most from the 2024 class?

I will miss all the seniors that’s leaving; they did a lot in teaching us and making us better during the season.

As a player, what do you do to try and get your classmates to come out for the football team?

I try and tell them it’s a great experience and helps you get out there and try and have a social life with other kids, get to know people, and become part of a brotherhood.

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goals for the 2024 season are for us as a team to beat everybody on the schedule, try our best, put 100% effort in, leave our hearts out on the field, and most of all, have fun as a team during this season.

What is the strongest part of your game?

The strongest part of my game is that first play. When the game starts, I just get hyped and start helping my team out by making great plays.

What must you improve on the most to become a better player?

I must become more consistent in the weight room and be a better leader than the prior year.

What are you doing during the off-season to become a better player?

I’m hitting the weights hard, getting more work as a player, listening to my coaches, as well as getting coaches up and studying film on opponents.

What is the toughest part of practice?

I think the toughest part of practice is running after a 2-day practice because it really tests your body at that end moment where you need to still give 100% no matter what that 4th quarter

Which side of the line do you feel you are best at?

I feel like I’m best at the defensive line because I like the challenge and I like to have contact, and a hit just gives me more energy to come even stronger the next rep.

For a lineman, what is the worst type of weather to play in?

For a lineman, I feel like the worst weather has to be rain because you're sliding everywhere and can’t get a grip on anything. It’s just a struggle, but I do what I can.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete?

My biggest moment has been when I rushed the offensive guard in a game against Linden McKinley, and I ran right past him and slammed the quarterback hard to the point where he stopped playing for the rest of the game. By the way, clean tackle. I’m just a very strong guy.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

The most embarrassing would probably be me missing a tackle and flying to a different part of the field.

What is the best part of being a student-athlete at Centennial?

It’s a great space and gives me an opportunity to be something more than a football player, with great teachers that help no matter what.

What scares you?

I’m not really scared of anything other than not being able to play football. 

Who are your role models?

My role model is Aaron Donald; he’s just a beast at everything.

What is your favorite class or subject?

My favorite class is history. It is such a great class, and I understand it very well.

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley