2024 Interview with Roy Price III from the Newark Wildcats


 

Roy Price III

Newark Hs

Edge/Dt

2027

6’3 200

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’ve played football since I was 2, so after 12 years, a reason I continue to play is because I love the game, love the grind, and want to continue to play at the next level.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

My personal goals for the upcoming season are to stay healthy the whole season and up my sacks and tfl’s by at least 5 each. Last season was sort of a down season for me.

What team goals will you set for the 2024 season?

Some team goals I have are for us to make it back to the playoffs and make a deep run. I think with the people and talent we have, we can win much more games in the regular season than we did this past season.

What is the toughest part of a Newark Wildcats practice?

I enjoy every aspect of the game; nothing's really that difficult for me, but if I had to say one, I would say conditioning in the summer when it’s 90 and the sun is blazing.

Who is the toughest teammate that you have to face in practice, along with the things that make him so tough?

Parker Campbell, we practice against each other every practice. I know all of his moves, and he knows all of mine, so it’s a friendly competition every practice.

The Wildcats started with two straight wins, then dropped their next nine. In your eyes, what has to change to turn things around?

One thing I think has to change is that we have to do a better job closing games as a team; often times we fall apart in the late game, and the main thing is mental toughness.

What was the toughest part of the 2023 season?

The toughest part of the 23-year-old season was playing against Pickerington Central. Their tackles and their whole o-line were stacked, and me and my guys on the d-line couldn’t get any pressure.

This will be a tough one. If you could beat one of the two following teams (Zanesville or Lancaster), which one are you beating?

I would say Lancaster; we lost to them this year, and it was a close game.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My pass rush—it’s what I work on the most, and it’s something that I give to the team that not everybody has.

If you could add one Licking County team to the Newark Wildcats schedule, which team are you adding?

If I could add a team, it would probably be Heath. I know a lot of people from there, and I would like to play them.

Where should the state finals be held?

I think the state finals should be held at either the Browns stadium or the Bengals stadium; it makes the most sense to have the finals at one of the NFL stadiums.

What are you doing during the off-season to improve your game?

I’m working out at my position every day, lifting three times a week, and am on track right now.

Have you ever been to a Dension University game?

No, I’ve never been to a Denison University game.

Who are your role models?

I would say my cousin, who is in the NFL, and myself, because I’m always trying to improve myself every day and get to the best condition I can be in.

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School