2024 Interview with multi-talented Micah Rice from Archbishop Moeller High School 

 


Name: Micah Rice 

School: Archbishop Moeller High School 

Positions played: safety, db

Graduating year: 2025 

Height and weight: 6-2, 185

What makes being a student-athlete at Moeller High School so special?

At Moeller, being a student-athlete or even just one of those two means a lot more than being at most high schools since there is a higher standard set by the history of the school. 

What is the toughest part of being a high school student-athlete?

The toughest part of being a student-athlete is trying to deal with people who don’t understand my time crunch and that I’m after goals. 

What will you miss the most from the 2024 class?

I’ll miss my teammates from the 2024 class, as they were great players, and I’ll regret that we didn’t get to win a state championship together. 

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goals for the 2024 season are to become the best DB in Ohio and maybe even the Midwest or country. 

Up until right now, what has been your biggest moment as an athlete?

My biggest moment as an athlete was when I forced a big PBU on the goal line as our last defensive play of the year. We didn’t go on to win the game, but I proved to myself that I can be someone on the team to trust to clutch up in tense situations. 

Which game are you looking most forward to this season?

I’m looking forward to our first game since it is an old Moeller rivalry: Princeton vs. Moeller. 

Focusing just on the road games, which stadium has had the best overall atmosphere, along with the things that made it so good?

The best atmosphere in a road game was by far east central. They made it seem like a college or NFL game. 

If you are invited to play in any of the all-star games after the season, will you? Why or why not?

I’ve been invited to the Army Bowl in Texas, and I will be playing in it in December. 

Which type of weather do you prefer to play in?

I prefer to play in warmer weather since I feel most athletic then. 

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

The best player I’ve played against was probably St. Ed’s QB Casey Bullock. 

Could you name some of the schools that are recruiting you?

There’s been a lot of schools recruiting me, but Minnesota, Arizona, and Louisville are my top 3. 

Where should the state finals be held?

The state finals should stay where they are normally hosted: the Canton Hall of Fame stadium. Unreal atmosphere. 

What is your go-to snack?

Dried mangos

Have you ever been to a Reds or Bengals game?

I haven’t been to a Reds or Bengals game because I’m not from Cincinnati. 

What are your hobbies outside of sports?

Outside of sports, I like learning new skills, such as different instruments and other skills. But my main go-to's are chess and piano.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley