2024 Interview with Marian Jaudon from North Hardin High School (KY)


 

Name:Marian Jaudon

School:North Hardin 

Positions played:WR

Graduating year:2025

Height and weight: 5'11, 185

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’ve been playing football for 7 years now, and the reason I continue to play is because of my love for the game and wanting to prove to myself that I can make it, because that’s the only person I’m in competition with.

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

I’m going to miss the brotherhood I had with them the most. The strong bonds we had with each other as a group were unmatched.

What do you believe is the strongest part of your game?

My strongest part of my game is definitely my mindset. When I walk on to the field, I make sure no one on the field will outwork me at any point in the game. So having that mindset helps me stay locked in all four quarters and make big plays for my team!!! If I had to say a skill set, then I’d say my hands. Because when I see the ball, I know I’m catching it every time.

What must you improve on the most to become a better player?

To become a better player, I’d say to burst. My speed and agility are there; it’s just my start and being able to catch the ball and automatically get up and sprint.

What were you able to do during the off-season to improve your game?

I trained every week nonstop, and when I wasn’t training, I was in the gym or on the field, putting in even more work.

Wide receiver or defensive back—which one do you believe you are better at?

I’m better at WR. I just feel more in control and comfortable when playing WR.

Wide receiver or defensive back—which one is the toughest to prepare for?

DB 100%. The reason I say that is because a WR can ultimately do anything he wants on the field to get open, and for a DB to be expected to lock up a GOOD WR all four quarters is virtually impossible. But don’t get it wrong; WR isn’t as easy as it looks!!

Coming off of a long 1–10 season, what must North Hardin do to have a better season?

We just have to trust the brothers around us and have more heart than the other team. I feel like if we do that, then nobody can beat us. We have more than enough talent on the roster to win a championship. We just have to stick together.

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

I don’t know his name, but it was definitely #9 for CAL. He was electric and did a lot for his team's defense. 

Who is the toughest teammate to go against in practice?

Definitely Seth Woods. He’s a 6’3 190 athletic CB/OLB, so you can’t do everything you want when going up against him. But he definitely makes me better every single day.

What is your game-day routine?

I never eat before a game because it messes with my stomach. But I have to listen to calm music artists such as Drake, SZA, and Brent Faiyaz. I don’t like to be too hyped before a game because it gets me out of my element. I play best when I’m calm and in control of my mind. 

Can you name some of the colleges that are recruiting you?

I have two offers at the moment from KCU and Kentucky Wesleyan. I am being recruited by many other colleges, though, of all levels!!!

What is your favorite class or subject?

Math is my favorite subject in school. It just comes naturally to me. I find it easier than other subjects!!!

What is the one sport you cannot watch on TV?

I cannot watch soccer. It just seems so uninteresting to me, and I also hate the offside rule. I think it should be removed.

Are you a fan of horse racing?

Not really. I just don’t find it interesting; it’s not something I’d prefer to watch.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley