2024 Interview with Juhon “JJ”Goodman from Mercer County (KY)


 

Note: I have been to Mercer County once for their bowl game.

Name

Juhon “JJ”Goodman 

School

Mercer County High School

Positions played

Defensive end, defensive tackle, and offensive tackle 

Graduating year

2026

Height and weight

6’3, 230

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play? 

9 years, and the reason I’m continuing to play is that I just love football and enjoy putting in all the work it takes to become a great athlete, and it’s going to get me a free way to college.

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class? 

Man I’m going to miss my senior teammates; one specific one is Kingston Mays. He’s a defensive end just like me, and he has pushed and encouraged me to become better than him.

The Titans had a nice season in 2023, going 10-2. What will the 2024 team have to do to improve that record? 

We are going to have to become a lot more disciplined, and we just have to outwork every team we play against, and each year we continue to do that.

What is the worst part of a Mercer County practice? 

Man, I would say, is how long and how hard coach yeast is on us. I'm so blessed to have a great coach to push us and make us better, but it's very hard, and it’s going to get me prepared for the next level.

What is your favorite part of practice? 

My favorite part of practice is when we are in team period and everyone is doing well, having fun, and competing.

Who is the best player that you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for? 

I would say Kaden Smith from Taylor County; he was a great edge rusher and is going to be really good at EKU.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season? 

My personal goals are to be a much better athlete than last year, become a leader for our team, and lastly, receive my first Division 1 offer.

What is the toughest part of playing defensive end? 

I think the hardest thing about defensive end is that you have a lot of responsibility because your linebackers count on you, but I enjoy having that responsibility because it makes me a key player on our team.

What is the worst type of offense for you, as a defensive end, to face in a game? 

I would say wing t just because there’s so many double teams and against huge schools it’s hard to play against.

Do private schools have an advantage over public schools? 

I don’t really know much about private schools, but as long as you work hard, whether private or public, it shouldn’t matter.

How important is it for you as a player to win the bowl game that Mercer County hosts? 

It’s very important for our community so they can come back to other games during the season, and it’s just become a tradition.

Are you hearing from any colleges? If so, would you name one or two of them? 

I’m not really communicating one-on-one with them, but Coach Yeast brings them in, and we get to talk to them and have been invited to camps.

What is the one food you cannot eat? 

Broccoli, it’s so nasty.

Have you watched any of the UFL games? 

I haven’t watched the full ones, but I’ve watched highlights and clips of them.

What is a talent or skill that you have that would shock your teammates? 

I can juggle sometimes; they wouldn’t believe it, but I have done it every once in a while.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School

2024 Interview with the powerfully talented K’Vuone McNeal from Canton McKinley