2024 Interview with Dante Darby Jr. from Euclid High School


Dante Darby Jr.

Euclid High School

FS,SS,WR

2026

5’9, 180

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I’ve played football since I was 8; I’ve always loved the game. It’s a place where I can let everything go and just be free. I do it for my family because I want to be the first one to “make it.”

What was the high point of your 2023 season?

Recording my first high school touchdown

What was the low point of your 2023 season?

Towards the end of the season, just reflecting on me as a player and not having as many interests as I would like

What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

The bonds I had with the seniors who took me under their wing when I first got into high school

Who has been the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Sean Patrick from Kenston High School, for sure.

I have just started asking players and coaches this question. Do private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools?

From my experience from being in both, I don’t think so. Anything can happen with the right group of people.

Who is the toughest teammate to go up against in practice?

Bo Jackson or Savion Lewis

Which team on the schedule do you want to beat the most?

Cleveland Heights

Focusing just on your road games, which stadium has had the best overall atmosphere, and what made it so good?

At Youngstown State, just because there were so many people there and the stadium was so big, it really gave everyone the college feeling.

FS, SS, or WR, which of the three positions do you feel you are best at?

I personally feel like a wide receiver; I feel like I can be one of the best in the state.

What has been the biggest moment in your athletic career up to now (any sport)?

The biggest moment was probably being able to be on the same team as my father.

What is your biggest goal for the 2024 season?

I want to have a breakout season and really show everyone who’s doubted me and coaches what they are missing out on.

Who is your favorite college football team?

I’ve always loved Ohio State or Oregon just because of their jerseys.

Where is the best spot in town to grab a good meal?

Cilantro Taqueria has the best tacos in town.

What is your favorite holiday?

I love Halloween.

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School