2024 Interview with wide receiver Dominick Woods from Perrysburg High School

 


Dominick Woods 

Perrysburg High School

Wide receiver and cornerback

2025

6ft 175lbs

How long have you played football, along with the reasons you continue to play?

I started playing football when I was in 6th grade. I played soccer most of my life. I switched to football after finding out I loved it while playing at a church camp. I still play because I just have a pure love and passion for the sport, and I want to use football to teach others about Jesus.

With this being your final high school football season, do you think you will prepare any differently than you have in the past?

Yes, now and this summer, I am watching every single game from last season and looking into every detail of my opponents. I’m also putting more weight on.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

To achieve a 4.0 GPA and to find the perfect college for me to play at. I am also wanting to break most of my school records. 

What goals will you set for your team this season? 

To make it to the final four and to build even stronger relationships with each other.

Up to this point, what has been the highlight of your high school football career?

Probably scoring the winning touchdown against Whitmer in the first round of the playoffs. Just the excitement and feeling after winning was amazing.

What has been your most embarrassing moment in any sport?

Probably when I was little in soccer, I scored a goal for my own team. The coaches were even screaming at me while I was dribbling the ball the wrong way. 

Who has been the best player you have ever faced in a game?

The best player I’ve faced in a game is probably Ryan Montgomery from Findlay, especially when I had to play some defensive back at the end of the game. 

Where on the field do you feel you fit the best? Explain

I feel I fit best as the outside wide receiver because I’m a burner with deep routes. You can switch me to slot and outside equally, but I feel like I’m better on the outside.

What is the toughest part of a Perrysburg practice?

Probably during the first few weeks of the season, when we run teams and the weather is very hot and humid. It’s great, though, because it really conditions the team.

If you are invited to play in any of the statewide all-star games, will you?

Yes, I would definitely enjoy playing in a statewide all-star game.

What is the strongest part of your game?

Probably my ability to tune out haters and the other teams student sections during games.

Can you share with the readers some of the college coaches you are hearing from?

I am talking to Bowling Green, Army, Eastern Illinois, Youngstown State, Drake, Kent State, and UMaine. 

What is the one sport you cannot watch on TV?

Probably golf or baseball; I just find both of those boring.

Have you ever been to a Toledo Mud Hens baseball game?

Yes, I went to a few mud hen’s games throughout elementary school for field trips.

What is your go-to snack?

My go-to snack is probably popcorn or sunflower seeds.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School