2024 Interview with three sport star Mikey Young from Perkins High School


 

Mikey Young

School

Perkins

Positions played

LB/Nickel

Graduating year

2025

Height and weight

6’1 205


What are you going to miss the most from the 2024 class?

Definitely the senior class. Those guys were special, and the bond we had was special.

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

Back-to-back undefeated conference champs and making it to the regional final.

What was the low point of the 2023 season?

Losing to Glenville in the regional final.

Who has been the best player you have faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

D’shawntae Jones and Damarion Witten are both from Glenville. They were some dawgs, and I wish them the best at Miami and Ohio State.

What is your game-day routine?

Same as almost every other day during school. After school, I get my headphones in and lock them in, go out on the field, and just relax and take it all in. I get my equipment on and start to get hyped and ready.

What is the strongest part of your game?

My versatility and sideline-to-sideline play for sure.

What do you feel you need to improve on the most?

Not being hesitant at times and continuing to improve man-to-man coverage skills

What have you been able to do during the off-season to become a better player?

Track has been a huge help with maintaining speed and quickness, and football workouts and installs before school have helped.

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

Win state.

All-star games not too long ago meant something to the players; in today's game, they are sadly an afterthought to most players. If you are invited to play in any of them, will you?

I’ve definitely been invited to a couple, but for me, it’s hard when I play basketball and run track.

What has been your most memorable moment as an athlete?

My first varsity start, getting my first D1 offer, and definitely spending time with my best friends.

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

I had the ball thrown off my back on an inbound play and basketball.

What is the one food you will not eat?

I’m the least picky person in the world; I will eat anything.

Where is the best spot in town to get a good meal?

In my eyes, nothing beats a good sports bar like Buffalo Wild Wings, or if you want to get local, Brass Pelican is great as well.

Have you ever been to Cedar Point?

Plenty of times.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football