2024 Interview with Silas Jacob from New Richmond High School


 

Silas Jacob

New Richmond High School

SS/LB

2025

Height and weight

5’8, 165

What will you miss the most from the 2024 class?

The relationships I built with the seniors.

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

We came off of our win at Norwood, making our record 4-1 at the time.

What was the low point of the 203 season?

Losing to Wapakoneta 69-21 in the playoffs. 

With this being your final high school season, do you think you will prepare differently than you have in the past?

Yes, I think I have to embrace the role of a leader even more this year. I also have to learn that I will be looked at as a role model and need to be the best I can be.

Who is the best player you have ever played against, along with the team he played for?

Wide receiver Braedyn Moore from Badin High School. He now plays football at Wisconsin University.

Off all the road games you have played in, which stadium had the best overall atmosphere, along with the reasons it was so good?

Tecumseh, it was an away playoff game, and the stands were packed with fans from both sides. It was a very intense and fierce atmosphere.

Of all of the road games you have played, which stadium has been the worst to play in, along with what made it so bad?

Bethel Tate, they have a grass field, and it’s not the best grass field I’ve played on either.

What are your personal goals for the upcoming season?

Defensive Player of the Year (SBAAC), 1st Team All State, and Team Captain.

What goals will you set for your team this season?

Win the SBAAC, the home playoff game, and have a winning mentality.

I have been asking coaches and players these tough questions, and all but two have responded with their thoughts; the other two said no comment. Now for the questions. Do you feel that private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools?

I would say possibly yes in some cases because in some bigger private schools, I’ve heard of them recruiting high schoolers and trying to get them to transfer to their school.

All-star games used to be an honor for players to be invited to and play in. These days, players seem to turn their noses up at them. If you are invited to play in one, will you?

Absolutely.

If you have heard from any colleges about playing football, would you name some of them?

I’m still in the early stages of my recruiting. I am in touch with some coaches, and I have been invited to several different junior days, spring games, and prospect camps in the past few months. I’ll just say that I’m really excited about a few of them so far. 

What is your go-to snack?

Protein Bars.

What was the last book you read, along with the author?

In Spite of the Odds. By: Richie Contartesi

Have you been to a Bengals game? 

Yes.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football