2024 Interview with Rhon Bruce from Green High School


Rhon Bruce 

Green High School 

Wide receiver, DB, punter. 

2025

6’2, 160l

What was the high point of the 2023 season? 

Was when we played at the school called Glenoak, and the first half of the game we were just playing so badly it was like 36-0, but then after half time we started to come back and we ended up winning the game by 3 points.

What was the low point of the 2023 season? 

We played at this school called Jackson High School, and our kicker broke his ankle like it completely snapped, and another was during another game against McKinley High School, and our starting quarterback broke his collarbone in the beginning of the second quarter.

Who was the best player you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

The best player I faced in a game was a kid from Hoover High School. I don’t know his name, but he's most definitely the best player I’ve played against. 

What is the strongest part of your game? Offense

What part of your game do you believe you must improve on the most? Probably defense, because I’m a DB, so probably just looking over the whole field while we are in certain coverages. 

What are you doing during the off-season to aid you in improving your game? 

I’ve been going to the gym almost every day; I do footwork drills, and I have a personal trainer. 

What will you miss the most about the 2024 class? 

I will miss the brothers I made on the field during the season, and my cousin Caleb Brooks is leaving; it’s his senior year. 

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season? To improve in my footwork, score as many touchdowns as possible, and become a better athlete 

With 2024 being your final season as a high school player, will you approach things any differently than you have in the past?

Yes, I most definitely will have to have a better mindset and play more physically. 

Looking back on the road games you have played, which stadium had the best overall atmosphere, along with what made it so good? 

The best stadium I’ve played at was probably the Hall of Fame stadium, because it’s such a big stadium and there are a lot of people in the stands in such a crazy environment.

After the season is over, if you are invited to play in any of the after-season all-star games, will you?

Yes.

What makes a good teammate?

Someone you can rely on and who has good communication

What is your go-to snack?

Probably like a bag of hot fries and a blue Gatorade. 

Who is your role model? 

Probably my uncle, who passed, was a great person, always had a passion for prep, was helpful, and always wished the best for me personally.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football