2024 Interview with Joe Couzins from Granville High School


 

Joe Couzins

Granville High School 

Wide receiver and cornerback

2025

6’2 175lbs

What are you most looking forward to this season?

I’m most looking forward to playing in this great environment the Granville community has. The band, fans, and stadium are just amazing, especially coming from a smaller school. 

What are your personal goals for the 2024 season?

My personal goal for this season is to have more receiving yards than last year. 

CB WR. Which of the two positions do you believe you are better at?

I believe I’m better at WR. I’ve played that for the longest. 

CB WR. Of the two positions, which one is the toughest to prepare for?

CB for sure. This past season was my first year playing the position, and there are so many things like footwork, eyes, and speed that make it very hard to play. 

What has been your biggest achievement on the football field?

My biggest achievement on the field has to be scoring two touchdowns in our win against Lakewood last season. 

As an athlete, in any sport, what has been your most embarrassing moment?

My most embarrassing moment was definitely my first varsity start. We were playing Bishop Ready, and Kentrell Rinehart came running my way and stiff-arming me straight into the turf. 

Who has been the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

Kentrell Rinehart from Bishop Ready. He’s a strong runner and very hard to bring down. 

Of all the road games you have played in, which stadium has had the best overall atmosphere, along with the reasons it was so good?

Johnstown High School has an amazing field and stadium. Their band is also huge, so it’s always fun getting to play there. 

Staying with the road games, which stadium was the worst to have played at, along with the reasons it was so bad?

The worst field was North Ridge High School. I usually love grass fields, but it was rainy and everything just turned to mud. 

The Green Wave suffered a rare losing season, going just 3-7. What do you believe went wrong?

I believe it was because it was most of the team’s first year starting that played the biggest role. That, combined with a whole new system to learn, also made it difficult to prepare for different teams because we were still learning the basics. 

What are you going to miss the most as far as playing football at Newark Catholic?

I’m going to miss playing with my brothers. I love all those guys and wish nothing but success for them. 

You have changed schools for your senior season. Could you share with the readers the school you will be playing for along with what brought on the change?

I transferred to Granville High School. I switched over because I heard about the amazing program they offered, and I wanted to experience that and offer what I could to win this season. 

What is your go-to snack?

Nothing is better than a Snicker bar. 

Have you ever been to a Denison football game?

No, but I know a few guys that have played there or are still there, and I hear it’s a great program to be apart of. 

What is your favorite type of music? 

My favorite always changes a lot, but right now I’m going to say classic rock.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football