2024 Interview with football player and wrestler Ethan Heady from Meadowbrook 


 

Ethan Heady

Meadowbrook 

Offensive and defensive lines

2025

Height and weight

6’1 265

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goals are to be a good role model for my team and be a starter on both sides of the ball.

As a player, what are the good and bad parts of playing in the Muskingum Valley League?

The good things are definitely the atmosphere because we are pretty close to each other. There really aren’t any bad things about it.

The Colts ended the 2023 season 4-6 with a five-game losing streak. How important is it as a player for you guys to win in week one this season and get that monkey off of your backs?

It is very important; all of our guys have been focused and have been working all offseason to come back stronger.

Who was the best player that you have ever faced in a game, along with the team he played for?

There’s definitely a couple players that were something special, but Avery Henry played for St. Clairesville and went on to Ohio State, and Colt Emerson played for John Glenn, and he got drafted to the MLB right out of high school.

What has been your biggest moment as an athlete?

Beating our rival this year was one of my favorite memories after coming back from a devastating loss the year prior.

How did your wrestling season go?

My season went very well. I finished with 40 wins and 11 losses and won my league. It didn’t end the way I would have liked, but it gives me a reason to come back hungry next year.

Not too long ago All-Star games seem to be an honor and something for a player to be proud of, but lately players blow them off way too easily. If you are invited to play in any of them, will you?

Absolutely, I would play those types of games because that would be an honor to me.

Looking at only the road games you have played in, which stadium had the best overall atmosphere?

I think John Glenn has a great atmosphere because, even though the stadium isn’t very big, they always seem to have a lot of people, and the fans really get into the games.

Looking at only the road games you have played in, which stadium was the worst? Explain

I think Morgan’s old stadium was probably the worst because the field had lots of holes and the drive there was unbearable.

Off the two sports you are involved in. Football and wrestling—which one are you hoping to do in college?

Ultimately, I would like to continue wrestling, but I wouldn’t be opposed to playing football in college.

Why should a college coach recruit you?

I think college coaches should recruit me because I’m a hard worker, I have good grades, I have good leadership qualities, and I’m willing to do or try whatever they would like me to do.

I have asked a lot of players and coaches this question, and all of them have answered it, with the exception of three, who just said no comment. The question is, do you think private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools?

I think the ones that recruit and just create powerhouses are unfair because they are playing regular public schools that don’t have the talent that the private schools do. 

What is the best way to eat a steak?

Medium-rare is the way to go.

What is your favorite class or subject?

My two favorite classes are history and agriculture.

What is the worst type of music that is played over the PA system during warm-ups?

The worst type of music is definitely rap. I just can’t get hyped up for that. Get me some rock, and I’ll be perfect.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

2024 Interview with TJ Carper Zanesville High School Head Football Coach

2024 Interview with Braylon Sturgill from Ironton High School