2024 Interview with Ben Stepp QB from Green High school (Revised Edition)


 

Statement from player

"I'm transferring but not to anywhere officially yet and I wanna add the statement that I have no official affiliation with Mogadore schools as of now"

Ben Stepp

Green High School

QB, FS 

2026

6’1 145 lbs 

What will you miss the most from the class of 2024?

One thing I’ll miss the most about the class of 2024 is the players who mentored me going through my freshman year and the start of my sophomore season. The relationship I have built with these guys over the years is something special, and it’s difficult to think that they won’t be on the field with me this season. I’m wishing the ones who will play at the next level the best, and I’ll miss every snap without them. 

What is the hardest part of being a quarterback and transferring to a new school?

Honestly, the hardest part about being a quarterback in a new environment is not knowing a team well enough this early in the year. Being a quarterback is about fully understanding the offense and how it develops, and it is difficult to do that in a system you’ve never been in before. 

What is the best part of being a quarterback?

In my opinion, the best part about being a quarterback is being able to demonstrate leadership skills, and the feeling of winning games as you direct your team to a win from behind the center is one of the best feelings in the world. 

Free safety or quarterback, which of those two positions do you feel you are better at? Explain?

Quarterback, although I enjoy playing free safety, my love for the game of football comes from being able to lead as a quarterback, and I have a passion for throwing the football that has led me to being the person I am today. 

As a football player, what must you improve the most to be a better player?

I try to improve every day because, as one of the most important, if not the most important, roles on the field, my game has to be flawless to effectively win games. If I had to pick an aspect of my game I need to improve on most, I would probably say my footwork and ability to run the ball efficiently. As a quarterback being put into a new system, I need to be able to make these adjustments, and I will work to do so this off season. 

What have you been able to do during the off-season to improve your game?

This off season, I have worked on gaining weight. As a taller, longer quarterback who has been working on their ability to run the ball, weight is an important aspect going into next season. Also, I would like to thank my coaches who have been guiding and mentoring me this off season, such as Pyrce Taylor, whose QB group has made a big difference in my form and ability to throw the football. 

What was the high point of the 2023 season?

My highest point of the 2023 season was really cut short because of injuries and entering the transfer portal from green. Honestly,  the highest point for me this season was during the off season and the buildup of it, staying in the gym, staying healthy, etc.

What was the low point of the 2023 season?

The low point was not playing in many games this season after my decision to transfer, injuries, etc. 

What has been your favorite memory as an athlete?

My favorite memories as an athlete are the ones I have made with my brothers since I was a young kid. The game of football has brought me so many memories that will stick with me my whole life. It is difficult to have a favorite, but my favorite memory was probably my first touchdown as a starting QB in 7th grade. This was a turning point in my life and made me fully understand that I wanted to commit my life to this game. 

What has been your most embarrassing moment as an athlete?

As an athlete, my most embarrassing ones are the ones only I see, the ones that take place in the off season if I lack in my work ethic or don’t feel like practicing. On my down days, I feel embarrassed about them and want to strive to get better. In games, my most embarrassing ones are the ones I re watch on film, such as falling before I could have gotten a first down, missing a read, etc. 

I have been asking coaches and players these tough questions, and all but two have responded with their thoughts; the other two said no comment. Now for the questions. Do you feel that private schools have an unfair advantage over public schools?

Private schools typically have more money or boosters to hire better coaches, recruit players, etc. I feel this can create an unfair advantage, but at the end of the day, I feel like it’s not a crazy enough advantage that competing with them is not possible; it can just be more difficult than public schools. 

What are your goals for the 2024 season?

My goals for the 2024 season are: 
Secure starting QB at Mogadore High School
Win division
Win regional
State championship 

Have you ever read or posted on either of these free message boards?

http://southeasternohiopreps.com or http://yappi.com

No

Have you ever been to a Canton Charge basketball game?

No

What is one sport you would like to play but do not have the talent or skills to do?

None.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2024 With Head Coach Jake Heigel from Brockway High School, PA.

My preliminary 2024 high school football regular season schedule

Small school football